Thursday, May 26, 2016

Short but Sweaty HIIT Circuit

Happy Thursday all! 

I happen to have an impromptu 6-day weekend ahead of me, which definitely makes it a happy Thursday for me haha! This morning I tested out a HIIT circuit to see if it would flare up my sciatica but I was in the clear. It's all good now and actually helped ease out any stiffness in my lower back. I find that running helps my sciatic pain, too because certain movements will help alleviate your symptoms. Either way I'm happy because it allows me to move and get going! I honestly think I'd have lost my mind if I wasn't able to workout for the past few weeks. 


I also started out my morning with FULL caffeine coffee! I've had to be careful with my caffeine intake for the past 6 months or so because I get horrible heart palpitations if I have too much. So I only do about half caff or less in the mornings. It's like a strange genetic thing that runs in my family that happens all in our early 20's where we get really sensitive to caffeine. No idea how it happens but people in my family don't tolerate caffeine well. 

I had some of the Hawaiian coffee that Rachael sent me for my birthday last year and I've been rationing it ever since haha! It's the best coffee ever and absolutely delicious so I like to make it last. 

Anyway, so on to the workout. I did 3 rounds of some HIIT moves and then finished off with some work on the stairs. All I did was sprint up and down the stairs for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds until I hit 15 minutes. It was killer! 


Now I'm off to run some errands, study, and then it's time for hockey tonight! For those of you who don't know, I'm from Pittsburgh and the Penguins have their final game against Tampa Bay tonight so I need to make sure I can stay awake for the whole game haha! Also, for you Bolts fans reading this (if any) please know I still love you but the Pens are the best team.

No comments:

Post a Comment