Sunday, May 22, 2016

Chocolate Rice Cake Cereal

I'm the type of person that when I stumble upon something I like I make it over and over and over again til I either get sick of it or run out of the ingredients. Usually due to the latter haha! Well, this is one of those things where I know I'm gonna eat probably every day until I run out of chocolate rice cakes. Then, I'll go buy more and start the process all over again!

I'm not sure how I quite came up with this but it wasn't planned. I had chocolate rice cakes in my macros for lunch along with some PB fit, which I planned to just spread on top of them. But then the volume eater in me thought how can I make this seem like it's more? And I got a brainwave! 

I decided I would break up the chocolate rice cakes and then make the PB fit a little thinner so it would be a drizzle. I also decided to throw on some sugar free chocolate syrup (basically zero carbs) for good measure! I then poured on a little bit of almond milk to make it like a cereal dish, and it was absolutely delicious! I've already eaten some again for lunch today and you can bet I'll be having this tomorrow, too. It's simple to make, more macro-friendly than regular cereal because it makes so much more than a 3/4-1 cup serving. 

I think this would be tasty with caramel rice cakes, too! 

All you need is: 
2 chocolate rice cakes broken up (or however many you need)
6g PB fit (about 1 tablespoon)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
drizzle of chocolate syrup (I use Walden Farms or sugar-free Hershey's)

To make the PB fit a drizzle I just use about 1-2 tsp of extra water than recommended or until the PB is the consistency I want. For those of you wondering, PB fit is basically like PB2 but I prefer the taste better. Plus, it comes in bulk at my local Sam's club so it's cheaper! 



If you try this combination out, let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment