Monday, August 10, 2015

New Farmer's Stand & Peanut Butter Overload

Happy Monday everyone! 

Before I dive in to today's post, I honestly just want to say a huge thank-you for the love and support I received from yesterday's post. The funny thing is I wasn't sure how people would respond to it because I never know how that is going to go when I'm so open about my faith. But yet again God has moved in my life, and the more I talk about my faith, the more support I get! So I just wanted to say how thankful I am for everyone's kind words, it honestly means more to me than you guys can know :) 

Okay so back to this post! Amanda and I checked out a new farmer's stand by our house that just opened up this summer. There used to be another family that owned it but they've been gone for a couple summers now. I was really bummed when they left, but I'm so happy that it's back open again! 

We wanted to pick up some fresh vegetables, and specifically corn so we headed over there to try it out. They had tons and tons of free samples which I absolutely loved because free samples are the besttttt. 


We had the corn for dinner that night and it was honestly the best I've had all summer! 


One of the samples were of the tomatoes so me and Amanda tried one of each to see which we liked best. For the life of me I could not pick since they were all so delicious. I didn't want to be that person, though, hogging up all the samples so we just picked one at random! 




VEGETABLES ARE SO EXCITING!


I also liked how they had plenty of other stuff for sale supporting other local farms and companies. I try to buy local as much as I can to support smaller businesses in the area.  


I did refrain from buying all the chocolate...this time ;)

We also stopped at the specialty grocery store since there's a great gluten-free section that Amanda wanted to check out. I also had some personal interest invested since I knew there would be tons of peanut butter choices haha! 


It was peanut butter heaven and I was overwhelmed with all the choices. It took me a long time, probably more than I should say hehe, to narrow it down. I eventually decided on Cinnamon Raisin Swirl from Peanut Butter & Co, and Honey Peanut Butter with Pretzel Bits from Wild Friends. Both were delicious! 


I now have a grand total of 13 different flavored nut butters open at my house #sorryI'mnotsorry, and Amanda told me I'm not allowed to buy another jar until I get back down to 5! Insert a million horrified-looking emojis. I just kind of looked at her and then started stuttering "but, but, but" and she was like "no buts!", and then I frantically started looking for loop holes. I did reason with her that the almond butter does not count as peanut butter, the plain one doesn't count either, one is a cookie butter, and one is hers. So I really only have 9 which brings me closer to 5! The struggles of being addicted to peanut butter..

We also had family game night this weekend since it's a fun way to incorporate some therapy for my mom. It might not seem like a lot to people, but it's actually very beneficial for her! In fact, when she was in the brain rehab unit at the hospital, the workers would play a lot of card games and board games with the patients. It's a way to stimulate their mind in a fun way! 


We played Clue since it's pretty much the only board game I will play, and it really makes my mom think. Amanda called it family game night so my argument was that Layla had to be included too haha! I pulled up the chair next to mine so she could sit with me, and it was pretty stinkin' adorable :) buuut my plan of having her own chair didn't work. She ended up sharing my chair a.k.a. I had to sit as forward as possible without falling off as she sat on the back half. She was such a good little game buddy! And she's lucky she's so darn cute. 


I mean, seriously, do I have the cutest dog or what?!

Hope you all have a great start to the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment