Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Plyo Leg Circuit

For starters, I've been the worst blogger this week so I wanted to actually post something before I jet off to the beach. And then promptly fall off the grid again haha! Whoops but I'm gonna be on vacation so I have little hope that I'll get to posting anything on here. Amanda and I are meeting our dad and stepmom at the beach for a long weekend. They're already there but Amanda and I couldn't leave our mom alone all week. I'm a little nervous with how she'll do but my family is going to be around to check on her a few times a day plus we'll facetime and call her. I'm also sad that this is the longest Layla and me have ever been apart! I know, I know cue the eye rolls but hey the little bugger is my sidekick and I'm kinda (extremely, entirely, crazily) attached to her at this point.

Back to the real point of this post-- leg workout! I've found that my legs respond really well to a mix of heavy weights and accessory work like plyo/cardio moves. A lot of people say they're afraid to add in cardio or HIIT moves because it might decrease their muscle mass but I haven't found that to be the case at all. I'm all about just doing what I like, and what works for my body!

I also happen to like cardio, and particularly HIIT. I add it in a few times a week but one of my leg days I like to add in accessory work like a HIIT circuit such as this one with a focus on legs. I really liked this workout, and did a variation of it this morning! I switch up my workouts a lot so I added in other moves and substituted other ones to keep my legs guessing. If you try it out, let me know what you think! :)


I have to share this from this morning because I just can't get enough of Layla's cuteness haha! I made overnight oats in my nearly empty jar of White Chocolate Wonderful from Peanut Butter & Co, and Layla just knows she has dibs on the jar when I'm done. It was so funny because she's not allowed to beg so she was sitting at a distance, determinedly not looking at me because, again, she knows that isn't allowed. But she would look at me out of the corner of her eye or just casually glance around like she was looking at something else but in reality I know she was checking to see whether I was done or not haha! 

When I finally was I told her "okay, go ahead" so she knew it was okay for her to come over. She absolutely loves peanut butter (wonder who she gets it from...) so I think she gets just as excited as me when I have this for breakfast! 


Andddd then her face when it was all gone! 


Happy Wednesday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment