Thursday, December 24, 2015

Sister Bootcamp Workout (Total Body & At Home!)

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I feel like everyone has been saying it but really I can't believe it's almost Christmas. Today is just as jam-packed for my family as tomorrow will be so Christmas has always been a two day thing in my family. There's lunch at my dad's, dinner at my house, and church then tomorrow morning is breakfast at my aunt's and dinner at my grandma's. So Amanda and I will be cooking and cleaning all day in preparation for dinner. Layla doesn't even know it yet but she couldn't be more excited. She thinks every party is thrown in her honor haha! I'm not even kidding. 

The other day I put together a boot camp workout of sorts, and surprisingly Amanda asked to join me. Usually these workouts are not her type of thing but we made it into a fun sister workout! It's made up of 3 different circuits that you each do 3 times through. After each circuit is an insane burst of cardio to really sky rocket your heart more than it will already be going :) Amanda wanted it to be tough so that's just what I did! So for example you'll do circuit 1 three times through then do 3 hill sprints and then go on to circuit 2. It's a mix of upper body, lower body, HIIT moves, strength moves, and I even threw in some abs *gasp* ya'll know I never work abs! 

The great part is we did it all from home since we have some adjustable dumbbells and a hill right outside our door (we legit live on a hill). If you don't live on a hill or there's not one nearby just do regular sprints! Same goes for stairs. If you don't have any weights then just try to get creative with what you have around you: water bottles, bag of flour, cats, small children (not even really joking haha!). I've used one of cats before for squats or bicep curls and it was a joke at the time but those little heifers can be heavy! I've also seen moms use their babies and stuff to make it a cute little workout with them, and it's really sweet! If you can find some substitutions to dumbbells then this can be a great workout to do while at home or traveling. 

Circuit 1 (3x):
30 cross body curls (15 per arm)
100 mountain climbers
15 upright rows 
1 minute Heisman shuffle
15 burpees 

3 hill sprints 

Circuit 2 (3x):
20 stair dips 
20 180-degree jump squats
15 lying chest press 
20 v-ups
20 jumping lunges 

Sprint stairs 5x

Circuit 3 (3x):
12 lateral raise
20 kettle bell swings (probably shouldn't use a baby or small animal on this one though haha!)
21 bicep curls (7 bottom half reps, 7 top half reps, 7 full reps)
100 high knees 
30 russian twists 

3 sets of pull-ups til failure 

It took us about 48 minutes and we really didn't take any scheduled breaks other than a few seconds here and there for water. We were both dripping by the end but it was a great workout! Amanda even requested more so I know she must have been a fan because she does not like circuit workouts.  So grab a friend and let me know if you try out the workout and what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment