Tuesday, December 22, 2015

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

I happen to not be the biggest fan of peppermint in my desserts but ironically I have a lot of people in my life that do. So this recipe is for them and all of you who enjoy it or have peppermint fans in your life! 

By no means am I the first to come up with this combination but I did make this up as I went since I figured it wasn't rocket science. Amanda asked me if I was planning on following a recipe and I said "well, I'm gonna melt some white chocolate and add candy canes how hard can it be?"

And it wasn't hard at all! Takes less than 45 minutes and most of that time doesn't even require you doing anything ha! I just eyeballed the ratios and came up with the following proportions, which you can totally adjust to fit your tastebuds.

So here's what you'll need:
5 candy canes (crushed up)
1 bag of white chocolate chips
festive sprinkles (optional but really are sprinkles ever?!)

Here's what you do:

1. Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and in 30 second intervals slowly melt it. After each 30 second turn in the microwave stir the chocolate so it doesn't burn.

2. While the chocolate chips are melting, crush up the candy canes. Just place them in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin until most of them are ground up enough but you're still left with some decent size pieces.

3. Once the chocolate is melted, mix in about half of the crushed candy canes. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and smooth out until it's level.

4. Place the remaining candy cane chunks on top and decorate with sprinkles.

5. Let it set in the fridge for about 45 minutes and then break into small pieces once the chocolate has hardened.


And that's all there is to it! It makes a nice sized batch but you can always double the recipe if need be. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment