Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Egg-White Oats!

I've been hearing all about how people add in different things to their oatmeal to add in volume or extra nutrients etc. and to be honest I've just been too lazy to try it out haha! I was sticking with what I knew because it tasted good, I already had the macros plugged in, and plus I didn't know how the new stuff would turn out. 

I did try adding egg whites awhile ago and it didn't turn out how I wanted but this time around I added the egg whites part way through cooking the oats and it made all the difference! It's so simple and makes the oats extra fluffy plus you get the added protein from the egg whites. 

This has been my favorite post-workout meal for the past couple weeks and I don't plan on changing that! 

So these are my standard ingredients for oatmeal: quick oats, liquid stevia, vanilla extract, and now egg whites. 


I like to add in the vanilla for a little bit of added flavor and sweetness. Depending on what peanut butter I use, I will also add in cinnamon.

So here's how you make them: 
1. Take 1/2 cup oats and add in 1 cup water (or however many oats you're using)

2. Cook for about 45-60 seconds. Add 1/4-1/3 cup egg whites (I just put in however much I need based on my protein macros for the day). I also add in about 1 tsp of the vanilla extract but that's totally optional. 

3. Cook for another 2 minutes or so until the egg whites and oats are fully incorporated. I usually stir about every 30-45 seconds. 

4. Let the oats set for a minute once out of the microwave and add in whatever you like! I put in the liquid stevia and always some form of peanut butter haha. 


This is one of my favorites!

But oh wait...what do we have here? #nomnomnomnom


The finished products! 



If I'm using a plain peanut butter I like to add in some cinnamon but any flavored ones or the cookies 'n cream one I don't like to add it in. I'll also put on other toppings like granola, goldfish grahams, bananas, or other fruits. Just depends on what I feel like and what my macros allow. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment