Saturday, November 14, 2015

Cut Workout Splits & My Current Carb Cycle

I can hardly contain my excitement right now! In approximately 2 hours and 33 minutes (but who's counting right? lololol) I'll be on my way to the mountains with my dad and sister Amanda! And of course Layla! It's my favorite place in the entire world, and we haven't been up since last fall so it's a much-needed trip. I got all my homework and papers done beforehand so I can just unplug, quite literally there's like zero reception, and enjoy it. By the way Layla has been in hardcore pout mode since last night when I begun packing because she's still convinced she's not coming. The last time I packed up my stuff and hers, she went to my aunt's for a week. Don't get me wrong she LOVES it there but this is a dog who seriously has a problem with being left out haha!


This is her official pout spot. She refuses to even look at me or the camera when I try to take pictures haha! Such a goof. I keep telling her she's coming too but she won't listen.

So before I take off for the weekend, I wanted to get a post up answering a couple of questions regarding my current cut. What my workouts are looking like and my macros so here you go! Note: I'm still not going to share my personal macros since that varies between individuals :)

Monday: leg day 1 (quads)
Tuesday: bis/tris & 3 mile run
Wednesday: shoulders & hill sprints
Thursday: leg day 2 (glutes/hamstrings)
Friday: back & cardio
Saturday: long run
Sunday: rest day

This isn't always set in stone and just depends on what I'm doing. Like this past week I switched around Tuesday and Wednesday because it had been raining and Layla loves to come with me on my runs. I swapped workouts so that she could come running with me on Wednesday! I will also add or decrease my cardio on a weekly basis if I think it's something necessary. As well as squeezing in short HIIT sessions every so often (most likely after glutes/hams) if I think I'll benefit from it. I know there's like this whole thing out about #TeamCardiNO but seriously it has so many benefits. Not just for leaning out purposes but for overall total health so I don't like to cut it out.

For me personally I split up my leg days because my lower body is hands down the hardest place for me to lean out. Plus I really want to focus on building up my hammies so I think that splitting up the two will not only help me in my cut but also in that goal as well. I want to be able to devote more time to each separate area of my legs. 

I've also gotten some questions about my macros and if I'm carb cycling. I am not currently carb cycling but I might add in a high carb day if I feel like I need it in the next couple weeks. Currently this is how I'm cycling my macros. 

Monday: moderate (possibly high)
Tuesday: moderate
Wednesday: low
Thursday: moderate
Friday: moderate 
Saturday: moderate (possibly high)
Sunday: low

Depending on if I find I need it I would either give my high carb day to quads or my long run (depending on how many miles I go). Not both in the same week but if I think that I need it more one day or the other based on my workout then I'll add it in then. I don't always think it's necessary to carb cycle, but if I feel like my body needs a higher carb day OR a calculated refeed then I might add one in every so often. We'll see! 

So my macro cycle is that I have 2 low days and 5 moderate but if I add in the high carb then it would be 2 low, 4 moderate, and 1 high. 

Hope this answers your questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment