Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Quads & Hiking

So last week was my rest week and it was just what my body ordered! I stick to light cardio only a few times a week, and make sure to rest and stretch. I swear my body loves each rest week more and more. There are some people I know that don't take rest days for MONTHS and I don't know how their body survives! I know it varies from person to person but I find that if I don't give my body proper rest and healing I get injuries left and right.

Anyway, after feeling refreshed and energized from my rest week I hit quads yesterday at the gym! I have since split up my leg days since I started my cut for two reasons a) I am insanely quad dominant so I need a day where I can focus just on my glutes/hamstrings without my quads tryna take over and b) my lower body is the hardest area for me to lean out. So giving it two days a week really helps me to give all three areas proper focus.

Here's my quads workout from the other morning:


It felt great to be back in the gym, and I had an awesome shoulder workout this morning. I can post that as well if you guys want, just shoot me an email or leave a comment! 

After doing some homework and lunch, I went shopping with Hannah to look at some sales. I'm so cheap that the sales still seemed too expensive to me haha! So yeah I didn't buy anything but we decided to take the dogs hiking in the woods once we got back. 


Layla loved being able to run around the woods with her sister! Lola has been quite energetic too lately but I think it's more to do with the fact that Layla isn't such an annoying puppy anymore. Lola seems to like her more and more these days, which Layla couldn't be happier about! 


We walked out to the old train tracks to get some cool pictures. Amanda wanted a cute one with the dogs, and Hannah and I laughed as we watched her try to wrangle them in. We could've helped and got them to listen buuuut we were too entertained :) 



Although we did get this sweet picture of the cutie pies! It is 100% their relationship-- Layla looking adoringly at Lola and Lola's just like "girl, plz. stahp." 

I know I sound like a broken record BUT I have more posts in mind and along the way! I promise I'm going to try to be an actual blogger again but grad school has been kicking my toosh. I have tons of ideas coming so I'll work on getting those posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment