Friday, November 13, 2015

Zoo 5K

This past weekend I did a 5k run with some friends from work at the zoo! It was great because we actually got to run through the zoo but none of the animals were out that early. We got free admission after finishing the race, though, so the five of us just hung out afterwards. It was a lot of fun, and me and my one coworker were running around like little kids (legit like going through the tunnels in the exhibits and stuff because why not) but I regret nothing haha! 

It was perfect running temperature in the low 40s which people probably think I'm cray but that is honestly my favorite running weather. Sometimes preferably the upper 30s is when I do my best running work.

None of my friends are runners but that's fine with me. I signed up for the race to have fun with them, and didn't mind running at their pace. It was great just to chat as we ran along looking at all the exhibits!



Tigers will always be my favorite animal! As a kid I would watch documentary upon documentary learning about them and well it's not like that's changed much now haha! 


It's been a few years since I've visited the zoo so I was excited that there were a couple new exhibits. The red panda, which is the cutest little guy ever, and the cheetahs. 




The leopards were moved too, and the exhibit was re-done so that they could come right up to the glass. I thought it was cool because I love being able to see them up close. 


We spent a good 10 minutes watching the elephants play! You could tell they were siblings or cousins or something the way these two would interact. 



Want to hear a classic Sam joke that I of course told at the start of the race? I asked my one coworker if she heard about the cheetah getting out and her face was priceless! Then I told her "don't worry it was spotted" get it?? Cue the eye rolls haha! But I crack myself up. 




See that little plastic bubble in the back left? Yeah those are the things you crawl through the tunnel to get through, and yes that is where me and my one coworker would go. Obviously haha! 

I've totally fallen off the grid but I have a ton of posts backed up that I'll try to get up soon. I'm going away this weekend with my dad, Amanda, and Layla to our house in the mountains, and I'm beyond excited! I'll try to get some blogging done before then but in the mean time have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment