Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Week's Worth of Workouts (12/14-12/19)

Hey all! So I put together some of my recent workouts for you guys. Last week was my rest/deload week and I just did some light running with Layla so these are from the week before Christmas. Right now I do a workout split where I can hit all muscles 2x a week except for my leg split. I have that so one day is quads and the other is hamstrings+glutes. My legs respond best when I give attention to them separately! I'm an extremely quad dominant lifter and often struggle with keeping quads under control so having another day devoted just to hams and glutes is ideal for me. 

Here's my current workout split
Monday: quads
Tuesday: shoulders/bis/tris + light run with Layla
Wednesday: back/chest
Thursday: hamstrings/glutes
Friday: shoulders/bis/tris + light run with Layla
Saturday: back/chest
Sunday: rest

I'm really happy with this split so far and can't wait to see what happens during my coming reverse! I decided to end my cut and get my next reverse going because a) I'm hangry all the time b) I want to eat more and c) I want more energy. My body let me know that it was time to take a break after cutting for close to 12 weeks and I wasn't planning on going much longer than that anyway. 




I've been experimenting with drop sets and one that I like is the 6-20 method. You do 6 heavy reps then immediately drop the weight to crank out 20 more reps to reach failure. I like to do them on machines since it's easier to change the weight plus I feel it's safer since I don't have a spotter when I go to the gym (read: I am accepting all applications for a gym buddy :) haha!) 








So there you have it! That's usually what I'm up to each week workout-wise but I do switch up my workouts every week so it's different. I keep a lot of the core compound movements such as front squats, deadlifts, chest press etc. in my workout each week but I make sure to change up the reps/weight to make sure I'm challenging myself. 

If you want more weeks of workouts then let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment