Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Easiest Homemade Granola Ever

I told Rachael that I'd get this post up awhile ago and in my defense it's been a draft since December but ya know it is me after all so it took some time haha! This is probably one of the simplest recipes I've ever made but people go crazy for this granola (in particular Rachael and Margot) so I thought I'd finally share it! I'm not even really sure where we picked the recipe up, it's literally just written on a sticky note that we keep on the fridge. Needless to say, though, it's a keeper!

It's only 4 ingredients and takes a little over an hour but this is one of those things you sort of have to babysit while it's baking. But other than that, it's easy to make!

So here's what you'll need:

3 cups of oats (not quick-cooking)
1/4 cup oil (I use sunflower seed but any light/mild oil will do)
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar (I also use coconut sugar too)

And those are the ingredients!

To make it, first combine the oats and then use the oil first because that'll come in handy next. Since you use the same 1/4 cup for both the oil and honey, if you do the oil first then the cup will be nice and greased for the honey to come out smoothly. It saves me a lot of time and hassle trying to get the honey to all come out.


The lighting was perfect in the kitchen while I was making this so I got a little artsy with the honey pictures haha!


Then add in the brown sugar. 


Mix it all together until it's well combined.


You'll want to grease the pans VERY well because honey cooking will make everything nice and sticky. Amanda found that out the hard way one time where she forgot to grease the pans, and the granola was like a giant hard blob baked into the pan. 


Bake at 250 for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. I said you kind of have to babysit it because you have to stir it every 15 minutes to make sure the granola doesn't burn in place and that it can bake evenly. 


Then let it cool and jar it up!

The macros aren't too bad either: 1F/4C/1P for 1 tablespoon.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment