Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Weekend & a Whole Long Giant Recap

I'm back!! I was honestly in shock when I realized I hadn't posted in 11 days, and I'm so sorry about my bad blogging! I hurried up and got my post about form posted so at least there'd be something new haha! I've had a lot of other stuff going on, and just didn't realize I had been absent for so long. So today is basically going to be a giant recap post!

Let's start with the important part: CHIPOTLE <3

Amanda stopped last Thursday and picked me up a leetle treat, and as always it was my go-to: chicken salad (no dressing), fajita veggies, mild salsa, and extra lettuce on top! I swear they always think I'm crazy when I ask for lettuce because it's like "you want extra lettuce...on a salad?" Yes, yes I do.


I also finally began making zoats! For those of you who don't know, you can add zucchini to your oats (I know, sounds so weird) for some added volume. It's amazing for two reason: 1. it works and 2. you can't even taste the zucchini! I'll do a post about how I made it and the recipe. 


Then, Friday we went to a friend's church for a Good Friday service. We went to dinner beforehand but I didn't get any pictures. The service was really good, though, and I really like going to their church. My mom even tagged along so it was nice to get her out and about.

Saturday morning Amanda had the day off from her usual Bible study meeting, which meant I had a gym buddy! She's been coming more to the gym with me, and I'm super excited about it because I love having a lifting buddy. I also put her through some killer workouts :)

I spent the morning per usual: Jesus + coffee. Amanda was sleeping in so I was waiting for her lazy butt to get out of bed so we could go squat. My Bible study is reading Revelation this year but I also read on my own. I randomly started with Galatians and I've been working my way through Paul's stuff. Right now I'm just about to finish up 1 Thessalonians, and once I get to Revelation I think I'll read some of Old Testament since I think that's just as important to study as well. I haven't read a lot of the minor prophets in awhile so I'll probably start there.


We got our Saturday sister squats done! My lower back has been doing great these past couple weeks, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. I'm squatting and deadlifting a few times a week now at this point in addition to bench and hip thrusts with accessory days. And of course some cardio thrown in! My new programming (designed by myself) focuses a lot more on athletic training and I have since dubbed myself an OlyPowerBuilder haha! I do a mix of Olympic lifts, power lifting, and bodybuilding. I absolutely love it and I'll write a post about it later on. My main focus right now is just build a heck lot of strength and not worry about aesthetics. Of course, ironically, the less I focus on aesthetics, the better my muscles respond! 


I woke up on Friday with a sore throat which is always my warning sign of a cold coming. As usual, I ignored it and went about my workouts as usual on Friday and Saturday. Well, come Saturday afternoon I was knocked off my feet. I even took a nap (gasp) which if you know me is UNHEARD of. I actually hate taking naps and when I tell people this they question if I'm human. But I do. I hate naps and only take them when I'm sick, which is how you know if I'm truly sick or not. And since I was sick, what turned into a 20 minute power nap lead to me not getting out of bed for about 2 hours haha. 

I had some cute company though...


If you've been following my Instagram then you know all about how I gave up peanut butter for Lent. I thought it'd be impossible and a lot harder than it actually was to be honest. I'd say the last week was probably the hardest as the cravings began to set in. I got my fix though Sunday morning! I dug into a fresh jar of salted caramel Jif Whips (#2 bae as Layla is #1 lolz), and then enjoyed a Reese's egg with my coffee! 


During the afternoon, we had a lazy day. Amanda gave up TV for Lent so we had a movie marathon and caught up on some shows that she had missed. My friend from work came over to join us, which Layla was thrilled about! 

We went to a friend's house for dinner since my grandma had dinner on Saturday (I didn't go since I was sick) and my dad had dinner on Monday. They cooked us a feast and it was delicious! There was pork tenderloin, green beans with almonds, sweet potatoes, baked pineapple (I need to get that recipe from her), fresh fruits, and I can't even remember what else since it was all so amazing. I had some leftovers on a salad Monday for lunch. 


 And of course peanut butter oats made their comeback!


That's it for now! And this time I PROMISE I will get better at blogging and posting more stuff on here! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment