Saturday, March 5, 2016

Oatmeal & Cream of Wheat Combo

For post-workout my two favorite carb sources are oats and cream of wheat, and sometimes (all the times) I have a hard time deciding between the two! It usually comes down to one thing: if I need more fiber or iron for the day. Oatmeal has more fiber and cream of wheat has more iron. So I usually let my micros decide which one I'll be having for breakfast. 

But then I always end up missing the other one that I didn't have haha! I know, I need to get real problems. Now, though, I don't have to miss either one because I combined them! It was really easy and a lot simpler than I thought but you have to make sure you get the same kind like if they're fast-cooking or not. Both my oatmeal and cream of wheat are the quick cook ones so they only need about 2 minutes to cook. 

All you do is take 1/2 serving of cream of wheat (about 16.5g) and 1/2 serving of quick oats (20g) and combine them with 3/4 cup water. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute then whisk and I also like to add in some vanilla. I put it back in the microwave for another minute and 30 seconds where I stirred every 30 seconds until it was fully cooked. And that was it! 

I topped mine off with fresh strawberries, almond butter, and sweetened with some stevia. 


I am in love with this combination and now I don't have to miss either one! The texture was nice and fluffy, and had a ton of volume. I had some egg whites on the side for some added protein, but I think next week I'll try adding them in like I've done with my egg-white oatmeal before. 

You guys have asked for more recipes so I'll do my best to post more on here! Next up, I'm planning on posting about how I make my smoothie bowls so I'll get that up soon. 

Have a great weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment