Saturday, April 30, 2016

At-Home Saturday Morning Workout

Hellooooo I have another workout for you guys! This one is kinda similar to Thursday's workout with a mix of lighter weights and HIIT moves. Whenever I do any type of circuit work or total body this is my favorite way! I can do it continuously without any rest, which saves me time and keeps my heart rate sky high. 

I've gotten asked before about what equipment I think is best to invest in at home and my answer is to always keep it simple (and cheap haha!). Dumbbells and resistance bands are my number one recommendation. I have some other things that I've collected over the years like an over-the-door pull-up bar, stability ball, ab wheel, and exercise sliding discs. All of those have probably cost me under $50 total though! If you have a Five Below around you they have tons of at-home accessory gear for good prices, and it lasts, too. 

A couple of years ago, Amanda and I found our set of dumbbells at Dick's Sporting Goods and only paid about $50-60 for the set but it's adjustable so it's like you're getting multiple dumbbells. I like that it takes less space than a set of each dumbbells, too but we also had a set of 8 and 10 pounds one that we got from Target. I highly recommend investing in some of those pieces of equipment because they're fairly cheap but extremely versatile! 

My family has a treadmill, but I haven't run on it in over a year. It was as a back-up plan for when the weather was bad but for the most part cardio can be free outside in the form of running, walking, incline walking (hills), track workouts, and hill sprints. Those are my main forms of cardio and they don't cost me a dime! Honestly, though, if you're looking for a piece of cardio equipment but don't want to break the bank then I would look into stationary/spin bikes. I don't own one but it's just a thought! 

So here's the workout: 

20 kettle bell swings
10 push-ups
10 burpees
10 upright rows
20 pulsing sumo squats (1 full rep + 1 half rep = 1)
50 flutter kicks
30 banded face pulls
Sprint stairs 5x
30 single arm rows (15 per arm)
30 ice skaters
40 jumping Bulgarian split squats (20 per leg)
10 overhead press
20 tuck jumps
30 stationary lunges (15 per leg)
20 shoulder taps (in a plank position)
15 stability ball hamstring curls 
Repeat! 

If you try it out let me know what you think! Usually I put these together based off moves that I like so it's always helpful to get feedback :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment