Friday, April 1, 2016

Blueberry Zoats

As I talked about before, I finally started adding some zucchini to my oats to give them some added volume. It sounds like a strange thing to do but trust me on this! You can't even tell there's zucchini in the oats, and I've heard cauliflower works, too. The Trader Joe's by my house finally started stocking pre-riced cauliflower so I picked up a bag, and plan on using it for my oatmeal. 

So here's what you'll need: 

30g oats (I use quick-cooking)
100g zucchini
1/4 cup egg whites
30-40g blueberries
stevia to sweeten
vanilla extract (optional)

You can definitely play around with those amounts as I just did mine based off my carbs for the day. Also, I grated the zucchini ahead of time and didn't cook it before using it. I'm not sure if other people cook their zucchini first but raw turned out just fine for me. 

To make the zoats: 

1. Cook the oats for about 1 minute 

2. Add in the egg whites, zucchini, and vanilla. I always like to add vanilla to my oats for additional flavoring but you don't have to! 

3. Cook for about another 2-2.5 minutes, stirring about every 30 seconds. Just cook them until they're fully cooked and the oats are nice and fluffy. 

4. Add in the stevia and blueberries or whatever toppings you like! 



They're definitely not very pretty but they're delicious! I'll let you guys know when I try out the cauliflower oats! 

Enjoy your Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment