Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Favorites #10

I made sure to post Friday Favorites this week because they've been requested by popular demand! Just kidding, it's only Margot and she told me she checks every Friday but I only post this about a third of the time, sorry about that lovie! My memory is not the best and sometimes I get caught up in writing other posts that all of a sudden it's Friday and I have no favorites to list. So, I even began brainstorming this list last Saturday and even drafting it by the beginning of the week! For me that's a lot of pre-planning haha! I'm never this organized. 

1. MARGOT IS HOME!

This is obviously my favorite thing about this Friday, and I knew that it would be my favorite since her and I have only had a countdown going for oh I don't know about the past 40 days! She's away at college and I miss her terribly because she's one of my favorite people ever, and I love her dearly. I can't wait to have all kinds of baking sessions, testing out recipes, going for runs, crazy crocheting parties, froyo dates, French bakery excursions, and lots of laughs! She also is getting a puppy today which I am so excited about because I mean it's a puppy, and she's gonna be Layla's new BFF because that would be super adorable. Then we'll be able to have tons of puppy parties and I can't wait! But more importantly I just can't wait to have Margot home for the week!


Is she not the cutest?!


It's not like we're excited or anything! Also I know her name is extremely random but a person's name in my phone is usually a direct correlation of the relationship haha! The weirder the name, the closer we are. 

2. Growing Up Duggar 

Amanda got this book out of the library and it's pretty much played musical book in our family haha! First she read it and then before I could request it, she gave it to Hannah to read. It finally came to me this week and I'm loving it so far! Amanda actually had to renew it because between the three of us wanting to read it, we would go over the allotted borrowing time. All three of us are big fans of the show and watch it a lot, often times without me while I'm at work #rude. As it's probably Amanda's favorite show, our mom had to become a fan by default too!

I love the book because it talks a lot about how they maintain healthy relationships with the people in their lives like their parents, siblings, God, friends, and looking for the right guy. It's written by the four oldest girls Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger (I don't think I mentioned that), and it's really insightful and made me rethink some things in my personal relationships with family and friends. I'd definitely recommend it as I've gotten a lot out of it, and it's a pretty easy read!


3. Chocolate Protein Muffins by Katiesfitscript 

I've been so excited that my coach Katie has been posting more recipes! I had based my protein brownies off one of her pumpkin bars recipe and I really liked the results. Not only is she knowledgeable about fitness and nutrition, but she has great recipe ideas too! I loved these little chocolate protein muffins and were great for an on-the-go post-workout meal. I took them to the gym with me yesterday morning to gobble down after my spin class. The macros are amazing, too, and it makes a pretty good-sized batch of mini muffins. Two thumbs up!

picture source: Katiesfitscript

4. Fit Girl Fuel Conditioning Workout 

Lately, I've really been in to adding little HIIT sessions in after my shorter runs about twice a week. I'll write a separate post about my new workout splits because it's changed a lot lately, for the better! Anyway, usually I'll do this on Mondays and Fridays after a 3-4 miler and it's great because it only takes me about 10 minutes or so, but really gets my heart rate up and finishes off my workout for the morning! I think my body is happiest with a combination of running, lighter lifting, and some conditioning workouts. I've finally found a balance that I'm really happy with so like I said that's another post for another time! Until then, you can check out Marie's workout video here.

If you don't want to watch the video then here's the list of moves:
10 push-up burpees
15 leg raises
20 pop squats
15 bench dips
20 jumping lunges
Repeat 3x or as many as you want

Just a quick note: I substitute the burpees with 100 high knees. Burpees really hurt my lower back so I save myself the pain and just substitute in another move!

5. Lunea Sneakers from Target

I've been doing some shopping for spring, and was in need of a new pair of some comfier walking shoes. A lot of times with my job I'm running around campus going to different visits with participants so in the summer I like to have a more stylish pair of shoes than just tennis shoes but are still comfortable enough. I had this old pair of canvas shoes from Target that I was obsessed with but they got pretty worn down the past three summers! So, I hit the stores trying to find replacement ones and when I couldn't get that same exact pair, I found these sneakers at Target! There are tons of different colors and options all while being very comfortable.

6. Romans 8:38

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love"

This Bible verse has legitimately been popping up everywhere for me this week! In my daily Bible verse app, my SheReads truth app, and my notebook that has Bible verses printed at the bottom. It's been a very encouraging verse for me this week, and a wonderful reminder!

7. Quote of the week!

"Mercy and grace and compassion are only words without action"

So, I've decided that I'll either do a Bible verse that really spoke to me during the week or a quote that I really liked. This week I couldn't decide since I loved both so I'm including both haha! This quote actually came from a song called Evidence by Citizen Way, and I heard it on the radio the other day and it was one of those songs that make you crank up the volume! When I heard that line I fell in love with the song and the message. I've really been trying this week to keep that in mind as I go about my day because those words will mean nothing if I don't try to reflect God's love and compassion to others around me.

I also have some exciting news that I've finally decided to share on here: I'm officially going to graduate school! After a long process of applying, writing essays, and weighing all the financial pros and cons between the schools, I actually made my decision. There's no turning back, I've already sent in my official "Yes I'm going" letter back to a school! It's still so new and slightly stressful as I think about the numbers and stuff, but I'm putting it all in God's hands. If this is where I'm meant to go, well then that's where I'll go! The rest will fall in to place.

Okay so now I want to hear about some of your favorites from this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment