Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Marinated Balsamic Veggie Salad

In true me style, I fashioned myself a little bowl of veggies without really knowing how it would turn out. I'd say about 90% of my recipes are just "let's throw this all together just to see what happens", and roughly it works about half the time. The other half ehhh not so much!

This recipe wasn't so much of a risk but it turned out well anyway! I wasn't sure how it would do with the dressing sitting over night but it was one of those times that I didn't feel like bringing 500 tupperware containers to work for my lunch since I already had so many others to bring in that day. So I told myself that I would let the vegetables "marinate" to make it sound more like I knew what I was doing. I know, such a science right? So to avoid using a separate container to keep the dressing in, I just added it on the veggies the night before and let it sit until lunch the next day.

For the vegetables I cut up two pearl tomatoes (little bit bigger than grape tomatoes), one mini cucumber, and an orange bell pepper. The ratios of vegetables doesn't really matter, that's just what I had on hand! Then, I used a tablespoon of light balsamic vinaigrette to cover them and mixed it all together.

It was the perfect side salad for my lunch! Very light and refreshing. I haven't been keeping track or calculating but it's safe to say that it was under 100 calories but that depends on the dressing you use, mine is only 25 calories a tablespoon!


What are some of your favorite recipes to throw together at the last minute?

No comments:

Post a Comment