Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Squash & Chicken Salad

I've really been on a salad kick lately! The other night for dinner I made some chicken and sauteed squash but then halfway through cooking it, I had a huge craving for a salad. So, I threw in some lettuce, cashew pieces, balsamic vinaigrette and called it a day! It was delicious and hit the spot! I absolutely love having a mixture of warm and cold ingredients in a salad which I know freaks some people out. I usually like to add another layer of texture by adding something crunchy, which is what the cashew pieces do!

This salad had:
3-4 cups butter lettuce mix (Trader Joe's brand)
1 cup sauteed squash
3 oz chicken
sprinkle of cashew pieces

For the squash, I just sauteed it in a pan with salt, pepper, and sunflower seed oil. I let it brown a bit and then cooked it until it was fork tender so for about 8 minutes or so. The chicken I cooked in another pan with salt, pepper, garlic seasoning, sunflower seed oil, and a spicy blend called Kickin' Chicken which is great! I'm not sure what's all in it but it adds a little amount of heat.

I poured a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette for the dressing, and then dug in!




No comments:

Post a Comment