Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Favorites #9

Happy Friday my friends!

This morning was absolutely wonderful for so many reasons. Since I like to over-share, you know I'm going to tell you all about them anyway! First, I got to sleep in until 6:15am which may not sound like sleeping in to a lot of people but I get up at 5am during the week so yeah I'll take that extra hour and 15! Secondly, I was able to run with Amanda which was awesome because we don't get to run together that often. We took Layla, too since Amanda was only planning on doing 3 miles. It was so sweet to watch Layla because she gets super excited when we're all able to run together as a little pack haha! After we hit the 3 mile mark, Amanda took Layla home with her and then I finished the last 2 miles by myself. The last couple miles alone were so peaceful and serene to watch the sun come up, and a great time to pray and thank God for being alive! Does that ever happen to other runners out there?! Sometimes it'll just suddenly hit me like how truly amazing life is, and I reflect on it all. I start thinking about how cool it is that our bodies are capable of so much, and the gift of being able to live out what I love doing every morning. It's truly a blessing, and I'm so thankful for running!

Anyway, back to my favorites this week! I had all intentions of posting this last week but then you know me, I kinda forgot as usual. So this is technically a combination of last week's and this week's favorites.

1. Perfect Whole Wheat Pancakes

I legitmately made these for dinner approximately 5 out of the 7 days last week. Amanda actually started to get on my case because I only wanted pancakes for dinner. I made no apologies because these are amazing!

I ending up taking a screen shot of the recipe because I got tired of having to keep going back to my Pinterest app, scroll through my boards, open the recipe, and then make it (so rough haha). So by just being able to have the picture cut down the time it took me to get a plate of these delicious pancakes in front of me!

You can find the recipe here



2. Denver visiting!



I realized that most of the pictures I'm including this week are screen shots so I apologize for the even less-than-professional-looking pictures! Maybe one of these days I'll actually invest in a good camera. It's on my to-do list! P.s. shout out to Hannah for photo bombing this one! I was taking the screen shot of Amanda's snap chat, and then I saw the text from Hannah but I was like "I got ninja reflexes so I totally hit the buttons in time before her text showed up." As you can see, this picture tells what really happened...

Anywhooo, Denver is such a little sweetie, and he's probably going to be staying with us for another week. I figured it would most likely turn from 2 weeks into 3 but I don't mind at all! Layla loves having him here, and I love getting hilarious pictures like this one throughout the day. The two of them are adorable together! 

3. Great Value Flavored Drinks

Amanda originally got these for our mom at Walmart because we have to get on her case sometimes about drinking enough water throughout the day. She didn't really like them but I ended up loving them! They're made with stevia so no artificial sweeteners, and are 30 calories for the whole packet. I have the mango pineapple, and strawberry watermelon, and both are great! I just put one in my 32-oz water bottle, and the ratio is perfect! Sometimes I might struggle to get the last water bottle in for the day (I drink about 1-1.5 gallons total) so this is a helpful way to reach my water intake.


4. Luke 6:31


I subscribe to the Encouraging Word of the day from my favorite radio station, K-Love. It's such a positive way for me to start my day since the email comes out pretty early so it's there in time for me even when I get up at 5am! Without fail, they send it out every morning and I love waking up to a small snippet of God's Word. I usually write down or screen shot the ones that really speak to me that week, and last Tuesday it was this verse from Luke. This was my favorite from the week because lately, especially with social media, it just seems as though people aren't nice or respectful anymore. We forget that we're called to love on one another, and to treat others as we want to be treated. So, I wanted to share this one because it was a great reminder for me to remember to show and spread love! 

5. Family Dinners

I wanted to share some news about my grandma, and for those of you who don't know she's been battling leukemia. Well, she'll have to be on the chemo pills for the rest of her life, BUT her numbers have drastically decreased which is amazing! She technically can never be in remission since this is a type of leukemia that will always be there in her body, but she is pretty close to remission as it possible with this type of cancer. We know that things can change, though, at the drop of a hat so we're still praying for her. But for the time being we're thankful for how God has worked in her life, and she is doing so much better! In fact, she's been able to come around for our Friday night family dinners the past two weeks when she wasn't able to before for health reasons. She even hosted a family dinner night at her house this past Sunday which was a huge deal! I can't even put in to words what it means to have her be able to be a part of family gatherings again.

6. She Reads Truth: 12 Days of Gratitude Plan

The She Reads Truth app is one of my favorites in general! I downloaded the Bible in a Year plan but also looked in to other ones. I found the 12 Days of Gratitude Plan for under a dollar, and I love it so far! It's just a few chunks of scripture that focus on giving gratitude in different circumstances. For example, giving thanks in times of stress, times of plenty, times of sorrow, times of joy, etc. I take about 10-20 minutes a day to just sit and have quiet time with God, and read that day of the plan and then take down notes of things I learned, verses I liked, and my daily prayer to God. I'm on day 9, and I will definitely be sad once it's over!


I'm just gonna end the post with these two cuties! This is definitely by far my favorite picture of the two of them :) photo credit goes to Amanda so she doesn't yell at me haha!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment