Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Vitamin Shoppe Haul & Product Reviews

Good morning! So I totally didn't realize that it has been about a week since I blogged #whoops but I promise I'll do my best to catch up on some posts I have planned for this week! 

This past Saturday, I was able to make a trip out to the Vitamin Shoppe because one is finally near my house!! It's not exactly near any of the places I usually go, but it's not so far out like the rest of the ones around me that it's completely out of my way. So a trip was definitely in order! And I found tons of new goodies. 


First and foremost, THESE PROTEIN BARS. You won't like these if a) you want your protein bar to basically taste like a piece of cake and b) if you're a robot. Because those are basically the only two scenarios that I can think of haha! They're amazing and totally live up to the hype. Everyone has been raving about these bars, and they deserve every single good thing said about them. Hands down my new favorite bar. 


I know it's February and people will be saying that pumpkin season is over but don't listen to the haters. I got this maple pumpkin mighty muffin and it was delicious! Super easy to make I just added 1/4 cup cold water and microwaved for about 50 seconds (the directions are all on the back) and voila! Super moist and the taste was 10/10. I topped mine off with a little bit of vanilla ice cream, almond butter, and homemade granola and my tastebuds had a party. 


I also tried out the chocolate chip cookie dough bar and it was delicious, too! I have to admit, though, that Quest still has the number 1 spot for cookie dough bars. Now that they've re-vamped their recipe, it's like eating a giant chunk of cookie dough. Oh yeah has the second spot! 




And you know it's a great day when you can fit a whole one of these babies in your macros. I have only ever had the white chocolate macadamia flavor (it's the only one at Wal-mart) but this chocolate chip blew that flavor out of the water! They were sold out of the birthday cake flavor when I went but my sweet friend Megan surprised me with a box of goodies and guess what was included :) 

So my mission the next couple days is to squeeze one of the birthday cake cookies in my macros! 

I'll definitely be making another trip back to Vitamin Shoppe soon but in the mean time what are some of your favorite products there?? I would love some recommendations! 

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to have to make a trip out to the Vitamin Shoppe! Are the OhYeah bars gluten free? I love Buff Bake- snickerdoodle almond butter, chocolate chip pb, and coffee bean almond butter are my favorite ones, the new Wild Friends protein peanut butters are also really good! Health Warrior chia bars, double chocolate mighty muffin, and any of the Vega bars are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are gluten-free! All of these sound amazing, I'll be sure to add them to my list!! I was so overwhelmed with the choices that I had to stop myself from spending my entire bank account hahaha. I'm not sure if they had the Wild Friends protein peanut butters but I'll check the next time I'm there. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete