Sunday, February 7, 2016

What I've Been Eating Lately

So, I can never remember to actually document everything I eat in one day #badbloggerstatus which means we're just going to a general post of what I've been eating the past few weeks. Plus, I have some new macros finds to share! 


One of my staple snacks that you can always find me eating every day is greek yogurt with some kind of topping. My favorites are granola, cereals, fruits (pineapple in particular), and peanut butter. Often a mixture of all of those haha! 


As my carbs are getting higher I've been bringing back more cereals and breads because when I'm cutting it's usually not smart to choose those as carb sources. I like to stick with oats, fruits, and veggies because micros matter too! I am NOT saying at all that you can't have cereal, bread, pasta etc. while cutting but since I'm conscious of micros such as fiber and iron, I can't always hit those by filling up my carbs with cereal. 


THESE. I found these mini chocolate chip cookies at Trader Joe's and have them every morning with my coffee as I do my devotions. A serving size is wait for it....12 cookies....TWELVE! I love them, and fit some in every morning as part of my pre-workout. I get asked a lot what I do for pre-workout and you're looking at it in the picture haha! I prefer to train relatively fasted (coffee and a few cookies) and drink BCAAs as I work out. I can address more about that in another post, but for now training fasted is what works for me! 


Amanda picked up these babies for me the other week, andddd the package is already empty. But my mom did help me out with eating them so it wasn't all me haha! 


I haven't had a quest bar in awhile and I missed the whole new formula and people not liking it so they came out with another one and possibly another one after that? I have no idea. I totally lost track of what was going on, but I decided to pick up a couple at Trader Joe's because it had been so long since I had one. It. was. delicious! Like biting into a giant bar of cookie dough, and the s'mores one was delicious too! If this is the new and improved formula then Quest doesn't need to change a thing! 


And overnight oats were on the menu, too! 


Plus regular oats! For post-workout this is always my go-to. I like to pick a carb source (oats) as the primary macro then pair it with protein (egg whites/protein powder mixed in the oatmeal or turkey bacon on the side) as the secondary macro source. The ratio is usually 2:1 with carbs being about double what the protein is. And usually peanut butter gets thrown in, too! 


See, I still eat plenty of veggies! 


Trader Joe's has these really good flavored chicken sausages that I've been putting in everything. I got the tomato-basil ones, and have been using them in breakfast scrambles or this protein bowl here! For just one link you get 11g of protein which is pretty awesome. The fat macros are a little bit higher than turkey bacon, but well worth it. 


Rachael's Oreo protein pancakes! SO.GOOD. 


And some cinnamon-raisin bagels! I got this really good brand at Aldi's and love them so far! I usually don't eat a lot of bagels, but got a huge craving for these when I saw them at the store. 

So there you have it! Just some general staples in my diet over the past couple weeks. Maybe one of these days I'll actually manage to do a full day of eating but we'll see haha! 

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment