Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meet Cosmo and Layla!

I warned you that I was going to talk about them a lot and I might seem like a crazy pet momma but that's okay because I know I am. I don't care if people think I'm a little too obsessed with my pets because they make me happy! In my opinion, a house never feels completely like a home without some kind of pet. 

My sister and I recently adopted a Golden Retriever puppy so she's the latest addition to our zoo. Her name is Layla and as you'll see she's literally the cutest puppy ever! She's completely stolen my heart. She turns 4 months tomorrow and I'm so proud of how well she is doing, she's one smart cookie!

My baby girl!

She's also my buddy on lazy reading/nap days!

The next little cutie I'm gonna introduce is my baby Cosmo! He's another sweetheart and not at all like a typical cat! This love bug adores belly rubs, cuddling, and literally cries when I leave the house. I'm not kidding. As soon as I grab my keys, he comes running and rubs all over the door meowing pitifully and trying to come with me. It makes leaving for work in the mornings difficult. I love coming home to his cute face though as he's usually around to greet me! Two years ago, my roommate and I in college rescued him from a shelter and actually hid him in our apartment for an entire semester. I'm still not sure how no one found him but we managed to pull it off for over three months. Now he's happy to roam the house with our other three cats. Yeah that wasn't a typo. We have four cats. I know, I know that's a lot of cats. But let me explain. We originally had two when my sister and I first went to school. Then, when we were both at school we each got a cat because we weren't really planning on having to move back home. With everything with my mom we're both living at home now so that's how we ended up with four! I love them all though but Cosmo is definitely my little baby!

The bed hog steals my covers far too often. 
And yes just like any cat he loves boxes. 

Just look at that face!

I love being able to come home to all our animals. They love me no matter what kind of day I'm having and as silly as that may sound to some people, it's been such a blessing for me. I'm the type of person that needs to have pets in their life. I've always loved animals of all shapes and sizes and my life would be pretty empty without them. One of my favorite parts of the day is coming home from a long day at work and seeing Layla's face at the door or Cosmo coming down the stairs to see me. Unconditional love like theirs is truly a gift and proves to me that we're all worth loving! To them, love is simple and blind to flaws. No matter what, I can always count on their affection. So if you have a furry loved one at home, give them an extra hug and kiss to appreciate them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment