Sunday, April 27, 2014

PB2 Banana Breakfast Sandwich

Before my discovery of overnight oats, I made a lot of other different breakfasts on my rest days. I usually don't have a lot of time in the morning before work, so time-saving recipes are my best friends! One of my favorites, which happens to be very easy to make, is a PB2 and banana sandwich. I've also made it with regular peanut butter, honey roasted peanut butter, and almond butter, all which were great! Peanut butter, especially honey roasted, is one of my weaknesses so I usually stick with PB2 or almond butter in a lot of my recipes. I've also mashed the banana up a bit before so it's more of a jam consistency, but I prefer the chunks of fresh banana! I would also recommend a light drizzle of honey or agave for a touch of extra sweetness :)

Here's what you'll need:
1 tbsp of PB2 or any nut butter
1 banana
1 whole wheat sandwich thin (I get mine at Trader Joe's)

Spread the PB2 on each side of the bread and top it with the fresh banana slices. I like to eat mine open faced with a little bit of honey!

*nutritional information*
225 calories, 11g protein, 3g fat, and 10g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment