Sunday, April 13, 2014

My New Avocado Obsession

It's no secret that I absolutely love avocados. In sushi, guacamole, on salads, or just a side snack! What I did yesterday was mash it up and put it on some whole grain toast! And I was pretty obsessed with the results. I put some fresh cracked black pepper over the mash and I was in heaven. It's so simple yet so delicious! Plus full of healthy fats from the avocado and grains from the wheat bread. My family went on vacation and my aunt left us a bag of avocados so I decided to experiment with different ways to eat up the avocados. Since I did an 11 mile run I was looking to up my carbs and fat intake so I figured this would be a good way to get the extra fuel my body needed, and make sure the avocados wouldn't go to waste! Like I said it's super simple to whip this up as a quick snack. First, you just slice the avocado in half, then cut it up while it's still in the skin, mash it up, and slather it on the toast!


 You want to make sure that your avocado is pretty ripe or else it could be harder to mash up the avocado. You can always use a food processor or blender to mash it, but I preferred to keep the clean-up to a minimum on this one.
I left mine in some chunks because I didn't want the mash to be too fine. It's up to your personal preference, so if you don't want as big avocado chunks as mine then keep mashing!


The finished product! I ground fresh black pepper over mine to finish it off. You could also season it up with salt, garlic, season salt, or even some cayenne for a kick! I saved the other half of my avocado to make this again with my dinner. It was the perfect side to my grilled chicken and beet salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment