Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Favorite Post-Run Smoothie

My go-to post workout fuel are smoothies! They're my favorite because they give me the boost of energy I need after my runs without being too filling. For my usual runs, I just have a simple smoothie with banana, almond milk, and protein powder but with my training for the half-marathon, I've needed extra fuel after my long runs on Saturday. I've been doing anywhere from 9-12 miles for the past few weekends so I've needed extra calories to recover from my runs. I found this recipe on Pinterest and let me tell you it's amazing! It tastes just like oatmeal cookie dough in a smoothie form and it's an awesome treat for all the hard work I did during my run. The original recipe can be found on: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/3989972/2301115949/



I topped mine with my favorite whipped cream from Trader Joe's!
I love that it's packed full of protein and healthy fats from the almond butter! I have zero guilt treating myself to a smoothie like this one :)

***nutritional information***
382 calories, 26g protein, and 14g of fat

No comments:

Post a Comment