Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Egg-white Veggie Scramble

Saturday morning I whipped up some scrambled eggs and veggies as a lunch/post-workout meal. I have never liked egg yolks--the taste, texture, whatever it is about them I'm not a fan. So I like to leave them out and stick with liquid egg whites. 

I get the all-natural organic liquid egg whites from Trader Joe's and make sure there aren't any funny preservatives or ingredients in them. My sister says it's unnatural and the liquid ones freak her out but I'd rather eat them then waste all the yolks I would throw out. 

This was a great post-workout meal because it was packed with protein as well as nutrients from the vegetables. I chopped up 3/4 of a yellow bell pepper and diced 1/2 cup sugar snap peas to add in with the egg whites. 

All I did was scramble the egg whites with some salt and pepper until they were nearly cooked and then added in the veggies. I cooked it for another couple minutes until the peppers and snap peas were softened and then dug in!


Sorry for the not-so-great picture quality because the steam kept fogging up the lens!

I also had one of my trusty balance bars on the side for that extra protein, cookie dough flavor of course. Gotta keep up with my macros :)

This is also great for making ahead if you know you'll need a post-workout or snack on the go. I made one last night and then brought it with me to the gym this morning to eat on my way to work. That is if you don't mind the egg whites being cold, which I don't because the taste is still great! Food prep is the key for staying on track, and after working chest and triceps this morning I was in need of good fuel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment