Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3 Miles & Peanut Butter Smoothie!

It's been a great start to the day so far! This morning was in the low 60s which was the perfect temperature for a run. So I grabbed Layla and we headed out the door for our Tuesday run. I even bumped it up to 3 miles this week and she did great! I'm telling you it still surprises me how much she loves to run because for an 8 month old puppy she can be pretty lazy. And by pretty I mean extremely since she's awake for a maximum of like 6 hours a day. No complaints though because with my mom the last thing we would need is a hyperactive puppy around her.

When we got back it was time for some post-workout fuel. For Layla she got frozen carrots and for myself a delicious smoothie! I knew it was meant to be when I found out that Layla shares my obsession with carrots. When she was teething we used to give her frozen carrots to chew on and she still loves them so I give them to her as a treat after our runs. 

My smoothie had: 
2 cups almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 medium banana

I forgot to take a picture of my smoothie before I gobbled it down plus I was busy snapping a picture of this little cutie pie. 


I mean, come on, would you rather see a picture of a smoothie or a puppy anyway? 

I doubt the smoothie would even stand a chance ;)


Just to add to the cuteness here's a picture my sister snagged on our daily walk last night. Amanda won't let me get another dog so often times I kidnap our aunt's dog Lola so I can pretend we have two. Lola is actually Layla's older half sister since we got them from the same place. She was so perfect that we decided we wanted one of our own! 

Hope you're all having a great start to the week so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment