Friday, August 22, 2014

Chicken Wrapadillas

Remember the wraps I used when making banana wraps? Well I decided to use them to make chicken quesadillas last night and it was delicious! It was really easy to throw together and took me no time at all to make them. 

The best part was that these wraps were very macro-friendly! They're lower in carbs than bread which made it easier for me to fit them in. It's all about balance and by adding chicken and cheese, I was able to meet my protein and fats as well. 


After my gym session of hitting back and biceps plus a 30-minute HIIT workout, my muscles were begging for food and this quesadilla definitely hit the spot! I was too starving to wait to eat the quesadilla so I made an egg-white veggie scramble really quickly to eat as I was prepping the quesadillas. I try to eat about 30-60 minutes after a workout to give my body proper recovery fuel. Since I had to drive home, shower, and change waiting for the quesadillas was pushing the 60 minutes! Plus I'm just not always very patient especially when I'm hangry :)

So, all I did was take two wraps then spread 1/2 tbsp of pesto on each side. Then I took half the cheese I was using and laid it across the bottom wrap. Then I added the chicken (already grilled and shredded a bit), then the other half of the cheese, then finally the second wrap on top. 

That way as the cheese melts, it'll hold the chicken in and act as a seal between the two wraps! On my quesadilla I used feta cheese, chicken, and pesto. Yeah I know not the typical quesadilla ingredients but it's what I wanted! For my mom's I just used chicken and mozzarella cheese since she didn't want any sauce. You can pretty much customize this recipe to fit whatever you like! 

I was disappointed that we didn't have any salsa because I think that could've been good to put in the quesadilla, too. Obviously without the pesto, though! 

To cook the quesadillas: 

1. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and on the outside of each wrap, for good measure

2. Cook on each side for a few minutes. I flipped it once the bottom was turning a golden brown and the bottom layer of cheese was fully melted. 

Just a warning: it can be kinda tricky to flip the quesadillas! I used the largest spatula we had as well as utilizing my cat-like reflexes ;) just kidding I don't have those at all. I actually considered myself very lucky that I managed to flip both of them without any problems! In fact, I still have no idea how I managed it..

3. Once the outsides are both browned and crisp and the cheese is melted, the quesadilla is ready! 




I garnished mine with lettuce, tomatoes, blue tortilla chips, and some extra cheese. Of course I would have loved to use salsa too but sadly we were out!



I spy a little black nose...she's always trying to mooch! I have her well-trained not to beg from me but my mom is another story...


Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment