Monday, August 25, 2014

Quinoa Chip Salad

I have a new obsession that has replaced my love of using popcorn as croutons: quinoa chips. They're basically like a tortilla chip only made with quinoa! My sister found them at Sam's Club and I'm completely in love with using them on salads. All I do is crumble up one or two on top and voila! I have fauxtons-- that's my new highly scientific term for fake croutons.

I've tried other brands of quinoa chips but this one is my favorite by far. I've been really impressed with Sam's Club lately and their expansion of their snacks and other foods. They have a lot more organic and non GMO brands now, and are definitely appealing to a wider volume of customers. Sure it's probably for business reasons but at the same time it benefits me!


I was pretty much sold when I found out they'd be carrying my favorite line of popcorn-- Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn but quinoa chips are just the icing on the cake.


So when I saw them in the pantry
I knew I wanted to add them to a salad!
It added just the right amount to crunch to the salad
without any extra unhealthiness. 

I'm not the biggest fan of croutons to start with because
they always just taste really processed and stale to me,
no matter how fresh they might actually be. 

These chips were the perfect substitute! 


This salad had: 
organic mixed greens
red grapes
cucumber
yellow peppers
mini heirloom tomatoes
egg whites
red quinoa chips, crumbled
feta cheese
raspberry balsamic vinaigrette 







No comments:

Post a Comment