Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Favorites Numero Dos

Happy Friday everyone!

So remember how I said in my last Friday Favorite post that I'd probably forget to post this every Friday? Well, funny story but this morning I was chatting with Layla (normal, right?) and I was asking her if she was excited that I had the day off so that we could spend more time together. Yes, I'm a crazy dog lady. 

Then, I realized it was Friday and that I better get this posted! Before that I had completely forgotten and I probably would have gone the whole day without remembering. So good thing I talk to my dog or else this post wouldn't have happened! :)

One of my first favorite things is of course Black Friday shopping!

TOTALLY KIDDING.

I've actually never gone shopping on Black Friday and have zero intentions! I'm not a shopper at all and I doubt that I could even handle all the insane crowds on this day. I am much happier to stay at home and get all the Christmas decorations up. Speaking of which, I'll be doing this afternoon after I get some writing done! Anyway, back to the real list--

1. My Family

I grew up with a very strong sense of family because I have always been very close even with my extended family. I was fortunate enough to grow up across the street from my aunt and uncle which means my younger cousins are like my sisters and brothers. My grandmas were both only a few blocks away so I got to see them too whenever I wanted. I seriously cannot explain what a blessing it has been to grow up with the support network that I have. My aunt is honestly a second mother to me, and she has always been there for me. Both her and my grandma (on my dad's side) have been there for us through the thick and thin of everything going on with my mom. My grandparents on my mom's side passed away a few years ago but I was also very close with them.  My parents are also divorced but I'm still able to see my dad a lot. And don't get me started on Amanda, I wouldn't know what to do without her! Yeah we fight like any other sisters but at the end of the day we love each other, and would do anything for each other. The value that we were taught about family is the main reason that Amanda and I decided that we would take on the responsibility of caring for my mom. It never even crossed our minds as a possibility to not do it because she would have done it for us without a second's hesitation. 


My wonderful grandma Meow Meow (it's a long story but she likes cats...if you couldn't already guess!)


With my aunt, uncle, and my cousins! 


Papa Bear 


My beautiful Auntie!


And of course, my three lovely ladies! 


2. Christmas music!

It's the day after Thanksgiving which means Christmas everything and anything is now fair game! I have a very strict rule that nothing Christmas-y is allowed until after Thanksgiving, you have to give it it's proper due as a holiday! You bet I'm listening to Christmas right now as I type this up in between writing grad school essays. Some of my favorites are: For King & Country (as always, ha), Matthew West, Trans-siberian Orchestra, Michael Buble, and of course my girl Mariah Carey! Although my cousin just introduced me to Pentatonix and I'm pretty much in love right now. Mary Did You Know is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs and I'm obsessed with their version! I added their whole album to my Spotify :)


3. Balance

You had to have known this one was coming, right?! But really, yesterday was the first holiday since 2011 that I was able to enjoy without any anxiety over foods! I sent my coach this ridiculously long email this morning just talking about it (she's such a saint hahaha) and how different I am from even just last year around this season. Amanda and I were talking about it on our run yesterday how she can really see the changes in me, and it's so great to hear that from the people around me. I can see the change and even my coach can over the past few months but it's always encouraging to hear it from my family and friends! I loved being able to not stress over food at all yesterday but rather focus on spending time with loved ones! 


4. Katiesfitscript

Speaking of my wonderful coach, if you don't already know it's Katie from Katiesfitscript! She's honestly amazing and an answered prayer. I love working with her and she is 100% committed to each and every one of her clients and their goals! Always super sweet, loving, encouraging, positive, knowledgeable, I mean everything you'd want in a coach! I happen to have converted two people and they are now working with her, and another couple of my friends are interested! She's the absolute best and I recommend her to everyone :) 


5. Jif Whips

I just couldn't leave this one out, today! I mean it's no secret that I eat at least 2-4 tablespoons of Jif Whips a day hahaha! I have every flavor they make right now in my pantry but I'm running low on a couple so I have to re-stock them soon. My two favorites are definitely the Maple Brown Sugar and the S'mores so you should check them out! 

Here are a couple of my favorite smoothie recipes with them: 

They're also great on rice cakes, bananas and apples, or even straight out of the jar with a spoon :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment