Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mini Protein Cheesecake Cups

I've seen tons of posts and recommendations from my fitness group (my coach has one for her clients on Facebook) about people trying out protein cheesecake. I decided to finally give it a try! Instead of making an entire cheesecake, I figured I'd make little mini ones! To be honest the main reason I did this was so that I'd be able to eat more of them...smart thinking right?

The recipe made WAY more than I expected but that's definitely my own fault. I don't know why I didn't realize that taking a recipe for an entire cheesecake would give me a billion mini ones. But it did, and the good news is the macros are amazing so feel free to dig in! 

So if you don't want about 50 mini ones, you should probably cut this recipe in half. I took some of the recipes that were posted, and came up with my own little version! I definitely added in the stevia, honey, vanilla, and sea salt for some more flavor. 

What you'll need:
2 eggs
2 egg whites
12 oz Greek yogurt (I used plain, fat-free Chobani)
1/2 cup stevia
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
12 oz fat free cream cheese (I used Trader Joe's light)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
pinch of sea salt

1. Preheat the oven to 350

2. Break up the cream cheese with the electric hand mixer. This isn't really necessary but I like to do it first just to make the batter smoother since it gets rid of a lot of the chunks. 

3. Add in the rest of the ingredients! I do the eggs first and once those are incorporated I add everything else. Again, I have no idea if that's necessary but it's what I like to do! 

4. Grease a mini baking tin with non-stick spray

5. Fill each one about 3/4 full. There's a handy little indentation in my pan and I don't know if it's meant to be a marker for measurements but that's what I use it for! 


Like I said, this recipe made about 50 for me so it was a good thing I had multiple pans on hand.


Bake them for about 15-20 minutes until the cheesecake is set and the edges will be a light golden brown. It all depends on your oven so keep an eye on them! 

Ideally, I would have had pie filling to top off these guys but I didn't so I made due with some jelly. It might sound strange but it really worked! I used strawberry jelly, and some fig butter that I had. Both were delicious! A teaspoon was plenty enough for a topping. 


The best part? Check out those macros for one! So go ahead and enjoy one...or ten :)


No comments:

Post a Comment