Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Catch-up: Treat Yoself Saturday, Winter Jam, & Chili!

So what happens when you have to work Saturday mornings? Treat Yoself! 

Usually I don't work Saturdays but every once in a while (honestly like twice a year) I have to work part of a Saturday because of working around the participant's schedule. That happened this past weekend so I figured I would get myself a little treat in the morning! 

I opted for a bagel! And I picked Einstein Brothers because of one very important reason: their vanilla hazelnut coffee which is my favorite ever! 


I went for the traditional plain bagel because there's just something about an original bagel that I love. Call me boring but I don't really like my bagels to get all that fancy. I got strawberry cream cheese on the side because that's the other thing, I do not require a lot of cream cheese on my bagel. I also don't like the taste of plain cream cheese unless it's in a cheesecake but I love strawberry! 

I just got the bagel plain and sliced because I wanted to toast it at my office. That way it'd be nice and warm! I only used about 1/4 of the little cup they gave me so I saved the rest for another morning. Paired with my cup of coffee, this was the perfect start to my morning! 

Then on Saturday night, Amanda and I went to Winter Jam which was at Consol Energy center down town. It's an annual tour where 10 bands come to various cities across the country and it's only $10 at the door, no tickets required! It's then a free-for-all when you get inside so we got there around 5ish since the doors opened then, and the concert started at 6. 

There was one and one reason alone why I wanted to be there:
FOR KING & COUNTRY <3

Amanda kept telling me on the drive there: 
"They're gonna play last. Guarantee it."
"I'm telling you, they'll close the show."
"They always save the biggest name band for last." 
"They're the big-ticket band. They'll save the best for last."

Guys, they opened the show!!!


We didn't get the best seats but I didn't really care. I go to a concert to hear the music, it doesn't really matter if I can't completely see the band. We ended up moving anyway because we met up with some of our friends so we had to go to another section where there were more open seats. It was packed, though, so we ended up going towards the back of the stage but I didn't mind at all! 

I told Amanda that after I saw For King & Country, I was fine with whatever happened haha! 

I wasn't really paying attention in the beginning because the start of the show wasn't exactly announced. All of a sudden people started running around on stage so I didn't realize it was For King & Country opening until I heard all the excited screams and I knew it could mean only one thing! 


Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures!




Per usual, Joel started going out in the crowd and as always I'm like "WHY AM I NOT DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW?"


Anddd, he gave his speech again about how women should be treated with respect, how chivalry isn't dead, and a bunch of other adorable things and I melted. Just like last time. I swear it's the accent. 


There was a second reason for why I wanted to be there and it was Jeremy Camp! I like a lot of his music as well and was excited to see him live. 

He was amazing, though, and I've never seen him live. Definitely worth going to see in concert! He has a great voice and sounds even better in person. I love when that happens because often times you find it's the other way around. Another one of the bands that I wanted to see was Building 429 and they were great too! 


Then, on Sunday we made a trip out to my dad's house after church to have lunch. He's in the middle of renovating his house so we just made some simple chicken salads! Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long because the freezing rain/snow sleet weird combination was starting, and we didn't want to get stuck on the roads. 

When we got home, we had a little bit of time to kill before going to my aunt's house for the Superbowl. Now, I am not a football fan in the slightest but I am a chili fan. And I knew she was making chili just for me so I was going to be there! Luckily, she's within walking distance from us so we didn't have to worry about the snowstorm ruining our plans. 

So we watched some of the pre-Puppy bowl! It was pretty cute because Layla was really interested in it too! We snapped some cute pictures of her watching the tv. 


After all the delicious chili, cornbread, and homemade cherry pie I was in quite the happy food coma!  For those of you who might be wondering, nope I'm still not tracking! And have nooo plans in the upcoming week so that's where I am at the moment. It's all going great, and my body feels exactly the same! So I'm taking that as a good sign, and going to keep going with what I'm doing. 

It was a wonderful weekend full of time spent with family and friends with zero thoughts about food, and that makes me incredibly happy! 

Did you do anything fun for Super Bowl Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment