Monday, February 9, 2015

Zucchini Zoodles!

My spiralizer finally came at the end of last week so I wasted no time in putting it to use! I got this one here off of Amazon, and it worked perfectly. It's probably my favorite kitchen gadget so far!

We made zucchini noodles the other night or I like to just call them zoodles! It was really easy, fast, and healthy. 


I used about 2 medium sized zucchinis for this batch but you can use as much or as little as you need. 


I would cut the zoodles every so often as they were coming out so we didn't end up with like 2 feet long noodles! Some of the pieces would break off on their own but other noodles I would just cut as I went along spiralizing. 


Then, I sauteed the zoodles in a pan with some sunflower seed oil, sea salt, pepper, and garlic. It only took a few minutes for them to soften, and then I drained out the excess water just like with regular pasta. I didn't add any additional water but as the zucchini cooked it released some of its water. 


I topped my zoodles off with chicken and some pesto just as if I was having a pasta bowl. The zoodles were delicious and really filling! Definitely a great lower carb alternative if you need one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment