Monday, September 21, 2015

Bible Study, Spoiling Layla, & Vitamin Talk

Today is honestly going to be a random post, but I wanted to get something up before I dive back in to my homework. I was away in Baltimore for the weekend visiting a fellow TeamKatiesfitscript friend which was so fun to be able to meet her in person! It was funny because both of us were laughing about how we were explaining it to our family and friends. Some people couldn't believe that we had never met in person and I was just going to stay at her house! Well, we did anyway haha and it was such a blessing. She is absolutely wonderful, and I can't wait until she comes to see Pittsburgh!

For those of you wondering, I scaled back to part-time at work which was awesome. God definitely provided because my office essentially said they'd do whatever it took to get me to stay. It's a good thing because I like my job! My bosses are super relatable, understanding, and have been supportive of everything going on with my mom since day one. It's a really great environment and having to find a new job on top of starting grad school just sounded like extra stress I didn't want or need. 

So, I have Mondays and Thursdays off since I have my classes on those evenings! Which means I pretty much do homework all day. It's funny how I look back and thought I'd have so much extra time to do things! But really and truly I'm not complaining, I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to continue my education. 

Anyway, I got the results of my blood work back and it turns out I'm extremely low on Vitamin D so my doctor prescribed a supplement for me. It's pretty common to have a deficiency of vitamin D but it's important to remedy it because it can affect your health. For example, all summer I've been having crazy problems with my sinuses. Everyone told me it was allergies (even though I don't have them) but I've been feeling much better since I started taking the supplement. My skin looks fresher, I don't have dark circles under my eyes, and I have more energy. Little things piling up like that I just attributed to stress but it was actually an underlying problem of my hormones not properly functioning.


PLEASE note: this was prescribed by my doctor, and this extra strength dose is intended for those who are deficient. Again, determined by their doctor. There's even a fancy warning label on the back explaining it so please don't take it without consulting your doctor. 


I'm also excited that my Bible study started up again this past week! I've talked about it before but it's BSF which is an international program. This means they offer classes all over the world, and if you're interested you can look up on the website for a class near you! I highly recommend this study because it goes so much more in-depth than any other study I've done before. We're studying the book of Revelation this year which I'm excited since it's an all new program. 


Also, for those of you fellow crazy dog ladies, PetSmart was having a really good sale on toys! Layla really and truly needed a new stash of toys because she pretty much destroyed all her other ones. I went against my better judgment and got her this stuffed moose which lasted for literally 5 minutes. I usually don't let her have them because she chews right through them, and then I don't want her eating the stuffing. I spent about $30 but like I said I got a ton since she's needed new ones for awhile! Plus, the look on her face and how happy it made her was priceless. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment