Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Track Workout & Pizzaaaa

So with my schedule changing with grad school starting, I have Mondays and Thursdays off from work. My classes aren't until the evening so that means I have the mornings to myself!

I have officially made Thursday mornings my track workout days because it was a completely arbitrary decision. I just like going to the track that day of the week haha! Plus it fits in to my workout schedule nicely. 


I'm slowly adding running back in as I knew I would. I always wonder if I'll want to run again because in the summer I literally have zero desire with all the heat. Then I go crazy and panic that my running days are behind me because I've lost all motivation. It's honestly never the case! Try as I might to fall in love with other exercise, running will always have my heart. It just helps to prevent injuries for me to scale back during the summer. It's my "off-season" if you will. 

Last Thursday, I did a random track workout that I made up on the fly. I didn't really have much of a game plan other than go to the track haha! I knew I wanted to do a HIIT/speed work type thing, though, so I based it off that. 


Warm-up: 1 easy mile (4 laps)

10 rounds: 
Easy run 1 minute
Hard run 1.5 minutes 
Sprint 30 seconds

Cool down: walk 10 minutes

I also had to share about this pizza because it was DELICIOUS! Surprise, surprise Trader Joe's delivered on another thing I love. If you know me then you know that's not a joke/surprise at all because I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's. 


Frozen pizzas aren't usually my go-to but my life motto is pretty much if it's at Trader Joe's it has to be good. And this was. I loved it! My mom even loved it too and she doesn't always like kale. The pizza came out nice and fluffy, and I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell it had been frozen. 


Is there honestly anything more beautiful than the sight of pizza?! 

2 comments: