Friday, September 4, 2015

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

I've been meaning to share this, and it might honestly be the easiest recipe I have ever made in my life. It literally requires 2 ingredients, and the crockpot does all the hard work for you! I got the tip from my step-sister while on vacation a couple weeks ago to try it out. She made it for family dinner one night, and we all loved it! She just dumped chicken with some salsa in the crockpot and that was it! Black beans and corn were mixed in later as additional toppings, but you don't even have to add anything! 

I was sold. Anything crockpot with minimal ingredients, and I am 100% on board. I decided to try out my own version once I got home.

Here's what you'll need:
4 medium chicken breasts
2 cups salsa of choice

Optional: any seasonings of choice! I used salt, pepper, and chili powder for extra kick.

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on high for about 4-6 hours until the chicken falls apart! 


I made a little taco out of mine with more salsa, cheese, and lettuce. 


Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I love using the crockpot and salsa chicken is delicious! I can't wait until the cool weather comes so I can break out the crockpot. I hope grad school is going good for you so far :)

    ReplyDelete