Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Yesterday's Track Workout

I wanted to post my track workout from yesterday morning because it was more focused on speed development rather than just HIIT intervals. Yet again, I'm no professional or a running coach, this is just some additional conditioning that I like to add in. 



Warm up: easy 1200

Speed: 
2x400's
5x100's
1x1600

3 rounds of the following:
1 min easy run
2.5 min hard run 
30 second sprint

Cool down: easy 800

For the 100's I made sure to do an all-out sprint, and then gave myself about a minute of recovery time in between each one. As I'm easing back in to running, sprints really have been great to help me build up my endurance. Once I'm back to my regular running schedule, I plan on dedicating more time to speed work rather than just speed development. 


Then I got to spend the rest of my day doing homework with this goob! She was extra needy since I abandoned her for approximately 32 hours while I was in Baltimore. Amanda said I'm never allowed to leave again because Layla had herself all worked up trying to figure out where I was. She kept trying to climb in my lap as I did homework, and refused to leave me alone. But she's cute so I let her stay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment