Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Food Catch-up: What I've Been Eating

I've gotten some requests to do a full-day of eating post but I forget to take pictures of everything! I'll do my best to remember in the future or actually plan out a day ahead of time but let's be honest we're talking about me here haha! Remembering and pre-planning? Mmm that's a tricky combination.

So besides peanut butter (which is a given ha) here are some of the foods I've been eating lately!




IT HAS PEANUT BRITTLE PIECES IN IT. Sorry for the sudden all caps but I thought that was really important to know. The lovely and sweet Rachael sent me some! :)


The best pizza everrrrr


Brinner of course! Don't judge-- I like my bacon and toast extra crispy a.k.a. slightly burnt. 


Overnight oats basically every day. 


And my new favorite recipe-- macro-friendly hot chocolate! Especially with the weather cooling down I love grabbing a cup of this and snuggling up with Layla. 


Pesto pasta with grilled chicken and tomatoes. This was honestly the first time in a long time I can remember eating pasta, it's really never my go-to choice for dinner.


Sadly, I've had to give up Quest bars for awhile #sobbing because I might not be able to have dairy anymore. It does funny things to my skin so we'll see! I'm experimenting right now but I've had to cut out whey protein especially so I went hunting for a substitute. I have to say these Cliff bars surprised me! They're a contender to replace Quest bars entirely for three huge reasons: 1) they are over a dollar cheaper, 2) they are stocked at Trader Joe's (true fact: nothing bad comes from there), and 3) they taste amazing! 

So there you have it! Some of my regular and go-to's the past week. 

2 comments:

  1. I've dropped Quest bars too because they have been killing my stomach. Instead of whey protein try Vega protein- it's more expensive but it's plant based. Garden of life raw protein is also good, muscle milk is lactose and gluten free, or you could try pea protein. Simply protein bars are pretty good- they're not as high in protein as Quest bars, but they're good and square bars are really really good! I hope you're doing good- tell Amanda and your Mom I said hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, girlie! Amanda has been using a plant-based protein (she cut out whey awhile ago) so I've just been mooching off her stash haha! I'll have to try the square bars, I haven't yet but keep hearing great things. I hope you're doing well too!!

    ReplyDelete