Thursday, October 8, 2015

6-miler and still pain free!

I'm pretty pumped today because I had one of the best runs I've had in a long time! I talked last week about how I was aiming for 6 miles this week, and I admit I was a little nervous to see how it would go. But there was no need for that because I had zero pain! 

My endurance has also really increased as well from the speed workouts that I do as well as hill sprints and other HIIT workouts. It all pays off eventually! So I felt really good during the run too a.k.a. didn't feel like I was going to pass out or die haha! Real talk: all runners know what I'm talking about when you have to get back in the game. The best way getting in to running shape was described to me is this: running is like running in to a wall every single day until one day unexpectedly the wall breaks so keep going because you never know when that day is right around the corner. 

It's so true because honestly a lot of my runs lately have felt like they weren't going well or were for nothing but then BAM I crank out six wonderful miles! It's all worth it in the end. 


I kept my pace on the slower side as I usually run somewhere between 8-9 minute miles just depending on what the run is designed for. It was a comfortable pace, and I was pleased that I managed to keep it under a 10 minute mile average. 

I always think to myself that some day I'll get a fancy running watch that gives me the break down of each mile time but never get around to it! Probably because I'd rather spend my money on food or workouts clothes haha! 

Overall, I was so happy with how this run went, and can't wait to potentially try to seven soon. I might give it another week or two and just hang out around this mileage because I don't want to increase too much too soon. So we'll see! 

Also, before I forget I have gotten some questions about my reverse diet and I realized I haven't updated you guys in forever so I'll do that soon! Which means I actually have to remember to take progress pictures since I haven't done that in awhile either...figures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment