Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Easiest Cherry Cobbler

This is quite possibly the easiest dessert I've ever made and people went CRAZY for it. My grandma has been making dump cakes for awhile but this one was a bit different as I made it more cobbler-like. I see recipes like this all over Pinterest and honestly haven't been able to find the true source of who came up with this so this is not my own recipe. I only wish I could give proper credit to whoever came up with this genius idea! 

Here's what you'll need: 
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 can of pie filling (your choice of flavor) 
1 stick of butter

In a traditional dump cake you literally just dump in the pie filling then the cake mix on top then cut up the butter and lay it on top of the cake layer. It's that easy! And totally lives up to the dump cake name since you just dump it and go. 

This one I saw was more like a cobbler so I wanted to try it out. It's just as easy but only takes one quick extra step. You can also use two cans of pie filling or mix and match different flavors! My grandma likes to do cherry with a can of crushed pineapple. 


1. Place the pie filling on the bottom of the pan (grease a 9x13 pan)


2. Melt the stick of butter in the microwave

3. Mix the cake mix with the melted butter until it's all incorporated


4. Crumble up the butter and cake mixture on top of the pie filling


5. Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes until the top is all golden brown

I don't actually have a picture of the finished product since we were in the middle of my mom's 2-year anniversary dinner, and totally forgot! I baked this while we were eating dinner so that it came fresh out of the oven. I served it with cool whip and people were raving about this. They kept asking me for the recipe and when I explained how simple it was, they were amazed! I would highly recommend this dessert as an easy crowd-pleaser that takes a total of 5 minutes to prep. 

Also, I couldn't help but share this adorable picture from the dinner! Figures, I forget to take pictures of my food but if there's an adorable photo op of Layla then I remember haha! 


I wouldn't let her in the living room while everyone was eating (her hair would be everywhere) so the twins hung out with her on the sun porch. Then I look over and see these little cuties! Like I always say, three peas in a pod! 

No comments:

Post a Comment