Saturday, October 31, 2015

Non-measurable Victories

So I decided that this was an important thing to talk about because so often people get caught up in the numbers. As though success can only be quantified in numbers be that as how much money you make, material things you have, or pounds/inches lost.

I'm not saying I don't do this because I do. I catch myself focusing too much on numbers, and now that I'm starting my cut I don't want that to be my focus. I don't want to do this just to get to a certain number or to chase that perfect body or to prove anything to anyone. I'm not doing this so people will go "wow! did you lose weight?" or "what's your secret?" or "I wish I looked as good as you!".

I'm simply doing this for myself and because I have goals. Because chasing those goals is what I love, and it's a challenge. And quite honestly, I don't think I'm obligated to explain or justify why I'm doing this to anyone else. If someone wants to get leaner then that's their choice. If they want to build muscle then that's their choice. If they don't want muscle growth then that's their choice.

My point is don't measure your victories by the scale or measurements or what other people say. I listed 10 things that have nothing to do with anyone else or the numbers but are simply for yourself!

1. Found something you're passionate about 

2. It changes you for the better

3. More confidence in your abilities 

4. The knowledge that you're doing something good for yourself 

5. Feeling yourself get stronger

6. Being more comfortable in your skin

7. Seeing your progress

8. You learn discipline

9. You discover you're so much more capable than you gave yourself credit

10. You're empowered

These are all things that I'm going to keep in mind during the coming weeks, and the first day of my cut I woke up to this Bible verse in my email and I kid you not I almost laughed at God's timing. Not in a bad way but in a "okay, Jesus I hear you LOUD and CLEAR" kind of way haha!

No discipline is enjoyable while it's happening-- it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. Hebrews 12:11

So for me this cut is more spiritual and after reading Made to Crave I understand its purpose more than I ever have. That's all I'm going to say on the matter because it's between me and God but out of all these 10 non-measurable victories, bringing me closer to the Lord is the biggest victory for me.

So go out there and kick butt, whatever your goals and victories may be! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that book!! I could not put it down and am reading through it again. I even bought my mom a copy because I love it so much. There is so much truth in that book and I wish I could go back in time and hand it to my younger self. Thank you for the recommendation! I love all of your non-measurable victories- we are so much more than a number on a scale!!

    ReplyDelete