Monday, October 26, 2015

Start of My Cut & 2 Leg Workouts!

Good morning everyone! I'm officially on 3 day of my cut and loving it. It's actually be strangely refreshing to start a small cut, and I'm excited to see how the coming weeks go! For this post, I'm going to break it down over the past 3 days. 

Saturday

I kicked off Saturday morning with a plyo legs workout because it's one of my favorites. I did this circuit 4 times through and each round takes about 12 minutes. For the pulsing split squats and lunges you do 45 seconds for each leg so that's how you get 12 minutes. You don't have to use the slider pads but just do regular lunges with either weights or your bodyweight. I use lighter weights for the goblet squats, pulsing split squats, walking lunges, and the kettle bell swings. 


People have asked me what's the benefit of reversing before doing a cut and my answer is simple: more foooood haha! But really. On Saturday, I had 3 pieces of bread, potatoes, a waffle, and some mini cookies. And that's on my cutting macros! Yeah I probably won't be able to stay on those high of carbs the whole time but it's a pretty great place to start. 


After my workout I had a slice of toast with 1 tablespoon almond butter and cheesy scrambled eggs. Protein tip: to get the most out of your eggs mix egg whites with whole eggs (more protein, less fat). Pictured here is 1 whole egg with 1/4 cup egg whites and 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese. 


My new obsession: BLT! 3 slices of turkey bacon, couple slices of tomato, fresh spinach, and spicy mustard all on 2 pieces of wheat bread. I have one planned in my macros every day this week #noshame. 


Sunday

I made a helping of overnight oats in my almost empty jar of this Jif hazelnut spread. Rachael got me hooked on it and it's delicious. I also mixed in some almond butter and it was quite the tasty breakfast. 


Later on in the day we had a dinner for my mom to celebrate her being home 2 years! It's crazy how fast the time has gone, and I'm amazed at how much God has taken care of our family. You can read more about her story here and this one too!

For dessert, I made a cherry cobbler dump cake which I'll post soon :)

Monday

This morning was none other than leg day! By far my favorite day of the week, I can't get enough. If only every day could be leg day haha! 

I tried out front squats today and let me just say I am IN LOVE. It felt so much more natural to me than a traditional back squat and not to mention zero back pain! I've been looking more into front squats as an alternative to back squats for people who have lower back pain, and some people have recommended I try it out. I finally did, and was so glad I did because I'll be incorporating more of them. I don't know why I was so intimidated by them but I thought holding the bar in the front would be awkward or more difficult but it's surprisingly not at all. I was able to get so much more depth as well, and focus much more on my quads. Whenever I would do back squats I would struggle hitting my quads since my glutes would take over no matter how much I would change around my foot placement or form. 

I kept it on the lighter side, 25 pounds on each side, to really focus on form and get the feel for it. 



I also found this little gem and you should probably go out right now and buy some. If you are a fan of snickerdoodle then this is the coffee creamer for you! 


Later on today, my aunt and I are taking Lola and Layla to volunteer at the nursing home by our house. I'm excited to take Layla because getting her therapy certified is one of my dreams! I think this will be great practice for her, and I know she'll love making some new friends. 

Hope you all have a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment