Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sunday Funday with the Family

On Sunday during the day, all the cousins headed up to my aunt and uncle's camp about an hour and a half north of us. It's nice and secluded which is great for hiking and taking the quads out. We had a blast! The weather was great, and Layla loved running around in all the open fields. Sadly, Lola couldn't come as her front paw is bothering her and needed to rest it. Hopefully she'll be good for the next trip up! 

It was just what I needed to take a break and get away, and relax with my family. It always cheers me up. 



Of course, I had Layla pose for some shots :) my friend said she should be a dog model haha!


As I say all the time, she loves my twin cousins! They're 8 and full of energy so the three of them are like peas in a pod. Kids are her absolute favorite.  


All day long people were going in and out on either the quad or dirt bikes. There were 7 of us so we would take turns, and Layla never tried to follow anyone except once I got on the quad. She took off after me and Hannah and tried running alongside it! We stopped and I tried to get her to go back but she wouldn't budge from my side, not even with everyone back at the camp calling her. Eventually, someone had to come get her haha because she was determined not to let me out of her sight. Anddd that's why no one in the family is ever concerned about her running away. 


At one point, I had to grab something from my car so Layla walked up with me. On our way back, I decided to test her just to see what would happen. There was a bend in the road with some trees to the right so when Layla went around the bend first, I ducked off to the side behind the trees. I was curious to see what she would do if she turned around to check in with me and I wasn't there. Well, she panicked! A couple seconds later she comes running around the bend with her ears up, tail held high and looking around frantically. I couldn't help it but burst out laughing and as soon as she heard me she wheels around and comes running over to me with her tail wagging frantically and started licking me. Then I felt bad for pranking her haha! But at the same time I was pleased that her off-leash training has paid off, and her first instinct is to search for me rather than run off on her own thinking it's a free-for-all if I'm no longer around. 


We also went running through the corn field! 


Hannah and I went hiking with Elise at one point, and we couldn't resist snapping this cute picture! Elise got the crazy dog lady gene like me and Hannah, you can see it in her eyes haha! 


At the end of this video, Amanda's face cracks me up. "Oh, a video?? CHEESE!"


It was a great day to spend with family, and much needed break to get away from the pressure of all my school work! 

What's your favorite way to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment