Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Quads, Hamstrings, & Delts

So sharing my workouts with you guys has been going over really well, and I figured I would keep posting them periodically! I don't mind sharing my workouts at all even though I know tons of people like to keep it hush hush so they can charge ya later. So here are some freebies :) 

Quads & Hamstrings (Monday)


Some of these are going to take some explanation because let's be honest when I develop these workouts they're for me, and I'm not thinking ahead to if I share them haha! The 7-7-7-7 leg extensions I've talked about before on my Instagram but I'll explain again here. What you do: 7 regular reps, then 7 reps with a pause at the contraction so at the top, then 7 half reps on the bottom, then 7 half reps at the top. All back-to-back to equal 1 whole set. Then repeat that 4 times. Warning: your legs might fall off. It's a pretty legit burn but I LOVE IT. I do about half the usual weight I do for leg extensions so about 85-90lbs. 

The stiff legged dead lifts I use two 5 pound plates to put my toes on. This really targets my hamstrings as I'm forced to drive more through my heels with my toes elevated on the plate. I use a barbell for this but you can use dumbbells, too. 

The jumping leg press I use the horizontal machine where you can select the weight rather than the regular angled leg press where you rack the plates yourself. I wouldn't recommend trying this out on the regular leg press if you don't have the horizontal machine I'm talking about. Anyway, here's a video to show what I mean: 


So there you go! Let me know if you try out the workout! 

Shoulders with some accessory chest work (this morning)


I tried out leaning lateral raises today and talk about a burn! All I did was grab on to the door frame to support me as I leaned over a bit. I did 3 sets of 12 on each arm. The front to lateral raises are exactly what they sound like: you do a front raise then once your arms are parallel to the ground in front of you then move them out to the sides like where you would've come up if you did a lateral raise. Then lower them from the top of the lateral raise position to the start position to finish 1 rep. 

Let me know what other workouts you'd like to see! I can start sharing more of my back and arm workouts, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment