Monday, December 8, 2014

Maple Brown Sugar Overnight Oats

I've been all about oats lately but can you blame me? They're so versatile and good for you as well. Saturday morning I finally got around to having overnight oats in one of my almost empty Jif Whips containers. I've been seeing people use jars of peanut butter to make their overnight oats, shoutout to Rachael :) but I've never done it myself.

If you haven't done it, you need to! Like right now.

I revised my normal overnight oats recipe because I honestly wasn't sure how I'd like the combination of greek yogurt and peanut butter in the oats. I don't know why but I decided to first try it without the greek yogurt and then if I thought it lacked that creamy texture, I would add it in a second time. Guess that would just mean I'd have to suffer through another container of Jif Whips ;)

I used Maple Brown Sugar peanut butter for this recipe because it's honestly my favorite peanut butter ever. It's a limited edition flavor which makes me nervous because I might have a total meltdown when they finally take it off the shelves. You think I'm joking but I'm not entirely sure if I am.


So for these oats you'll need:
1 nearly empty jar of peanut butter (mine probably had between 1-2 tbsp)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Pinch of stevia to sweeten

Combine everything in the peanut butter jar and let it sit over night! I topped mine off with cinnamon, a drizzle of honey, and half a banana.



I ate every last bite! 

These were the perfect pre-run fuel for my long run on Saturday morning. Even with all the cold rain during my run, I managed to get a new PR for this season on my 9-miler so I'd like to think it was the oats!


The weather was terrible and rained for two days straight so I just stayed mostly around the house trying to get some work done with essays. No complaints about that because it left time for plenty of snuggles!




No comments:

Post a Comment