Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Favorites #12

Happy Friday everyone!
I'm currently writing this post snuggled in my bed with tea, tissues, and the cutest sick buddy (three guesses as to who haha!) but I'm not going to let a cold get me down! I'm just waiting for the advil to kick in to take care of my headache and then I'll get my butt moving. I was raised that if you're not visibly dying (i.e. lots of blood haha) then you just suck it up and deal with it. That made it tricky trying to pretend to be sick so I could stay from school when I was growing up...

Anyway, I'm excited because I have today and Monday off to take a little mini Easter break! Which is another reason why I don't want to stay sick in bed and waste my day off! I'm going to take my mom to Target in a bit so that she can do some shopping for Amanda for Easter and her birthday since that's right around the corner.

So let's get back to business and talk about some favorites this week!

1. Amy's Healthy Baking

I stumbled across Amy's blog from a Pinterest recipe (shocker, I know), and I immediately fell in love with her entire blog! She has SO many recipes that all look incredibly delicious and healthy for you, too. I've already made quite a few of her recipes in the past couple weeks including her Banana Split Banana Bread and Chocolate Chip Protein cookies, both were great! I began following her on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter because let's be honest I'm a stalker, the harmless kind though. Actually it's just more like I need to make sure I see every time she posts a new recipe, and I have my eye on her Cookies 'n Cream protein shake! I don't think I even need to explain why, right? You should definitely check her out!


 These are the protein cookies I made the other day!

2. Lean Body For Her Vanilla Whey Protein 

I've been trying to branch out and experiment with other protein powders to use for baking because I don't always like the taste my vanilla one gives. It's a little too strong sometimes, and you can definitely tell that it's protein powder so I wanted to see other brands to try.

Let me tell you, I'm sold on this one! As soon as I opened the bag I even said to Amanda "Oh my gosh it smells like cake mix!" I was very excited, and it did not disappoint. I tested it out in the Chocolate Chip protein cookies that I just mentioned, and I loved it! It's a much finer consistency than my other powder which I think helps a ton with dissolving in to the batter better. I ordered mine off of Amazon.


3. Vitamin Water Zero 

I absolutely love plain water but sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit with something more flavored. That's when I turn to Vitamin Water Zero! The best part? It's sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweeteners. Even though I don't deprive myself from any foods or food groups, I still try to avoid artificial sweeteners when I can. I've tried things like the Dasani drops or Crystal light packets but those hurt my stomach with the sucralose. These don't hurt my stomach at all, though, so I love having one every so often! Target was having a sale on them the other day for only $.88 a bottle so you bet I picked up a ton. My favorite flavors are Dragonfruit and Kiwi Strawberry. 

4. Salad kick!

I've totally been on a salad kick for the past several nights for dinner. While I was at Trader Joe's earlier in the week I stocked up on tons of lettuce, veggies, and some of my favorite salad toppings. One of my all-time favorites are the peeled and roasted baby beets that Trader Joe's has, and their feta cheese is pretty cheap too. I couldn't believe it because it was a little over $2 for a container that I know for a fact is $6 by the grocery store at my house. I don't understand how there can be that big of a price difference! So I snagged some feta cheese, baby beets, mini cucumbers, cashew pieces and tomatoes to put on my salads for this week. I have been in salad heaven! I'm the type of person that could never, ever get sick of salads because I never make the same exact salad twice.

Here are some of my creations from this week!

This first one had baby beets, feta, chicken, tomatoes, sauteed onions, chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette.


This one had roasted squash and zucchini, beets, feta cheese, chicken, tomatoes, walnuts, and cucumbers.


This last one had roasted brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, sauteed onions, cucumbers, cashew pieces, and sweet potato chips!


I have plenty more pictures of other salads but I figured I would limit it to my three favorites this week! 

5. Easter

"And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself"-- John 12:32

When I was a kid, Easter meant egg hunts, baskets full of chocolates, and five days off of school. Now, it has so much more meaning, and I'm incredibly thankful for that. My parents raised me with knowledge about God and Jesus but it wasn't a focal point in our family. We didn't go to church all that often, mostly just for the special occasions. When I was about 19-20 was when I really felt called to be more active in my faith. Ever since then, Easter has been much more significant because I finally understood and appreciated the meaning of the day we were celebrating. I mean it's just amazing to think about what exactly Jesus did for each and every one of us, what his sacrifice gave us, and just how much God loves us all!

What are some of your favorites this week?!

Oh, and in case you couldn't guess who my sick buddy is, here's a picture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment