Monday, April 20, 2015

The Best Ribs Ever & Third Day!

I am usually not a ribs person at all, but when I go to this one restaurant it is literally the ONLY thing I get. In fact, I couldn't tell you for the life of me what else is on the menu because I don't even glance at anything else. I just know which ribs I'm going to order.

My freshman year of college my dad and I found the Double Wide Grill by accident. He had stopped down to visit me and take me to dinner, and we were looking for a place but everything was packed. We saw this little grill on the corner and figured hey why not!

Like I said, I'm not a ribs person so I have no clue how I ended up ordering these. Maybe it was the waitresses' recommendation or I was strangely craving ribs. I don't remember but that's not what's important. I like to think that it was fate because these ribs are AMAZING! On Tuesdays they have all you can eat ribs which meant that pretty much every Tuesday for awhile you could find my dad and me at the Double Wide Grill! In fact, they often sell out of these ribs by the end of the week since they're that popular.

And guess what?!?! They just opened up their doggie patio which is dog friendly so I cannot think of a better dinner out than eating these delicious ribs with my sweet girl Layla!

...did someone say ribs?
We were going to see Third Day on Saturday night, and the venue was in Oakland which meant there was only one place we were going to go to dinner! My dad also had a groupon which Amanda got him like two Christmases ago so that was the other reason. But first and foremost-- ribs.


The ribs come with your choice of cole slaw, cornbread, and fries. It's a ton of food, but don't be fooled I can put away a lot of food haha! Especially if it concerns one of two things-- these ribs or froyo. I actually didn't eat all of this, though. I had some help because in my family if you show a split second hesitation someone will go "hey, are you gonna eat that?" and then take your food without waiting for your answer. My fries kept mysteriously disappearing, and Amanda snagged my last couple ribs. I also gave my dad the other half of my cornbread so he could take it with his lunch the next day. I'm not complaining since I was stuffed! 

It was a perfect night to sit out on the patio, and eat our dinner before heading over to the concert. My step-mom got us the tickets so we had no idea what the seats were going to be like. Well, they ended up being awesome! We were right in the center, and one row up from the floor. It was a pleasant surprise! We were even looking for the seats but couldn't find the section because we didn't think they'd be that good, and so close to the floor. 



Aaron Shust opened for them, and I found out he's a native Pittsburgher! He lives not that far away from me, and leads worship in the church he grew up in. I thought it was cool since I had no idea he was local. He was really good, and played all of my favorite songs!


Third Day was awesome! I have yet to be disappointed by any of the Christian bands when I see them live. They sound just as good if not better than how they sound on their albums! 


They're my dad's favorite band so I knew when I heard they'd be coming to Pittsburgh he would definitely snag us tickets. It was great spending time just the three of us! 

Here's a clip of one of the songs they played God Of Wonders. Sorry for the bad iPhone quality! 



Hope you all have a great start to the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment