Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Favorites #13 & a Happy Birthday Wish!

I realized that once again, this week's favorites includes mostly foods but hey what can I say? I happen to like food and trying new foods. Pinterest doesn't help either, especially with those new picked for you pins. Let me tell you, they have me figured out! Whoever came up with that is a genius and can somehow know people better than they know themselves. Every single recipe they find for me, I love. How do they do that! The point of that was I've been trying out a lot of new recipes since they keep popping up and I can't resist. Like I said, Pinterest knows me a little too well.

1. Twix Eggs
One of these tasty buggers was in my Easter basket this past weekend. Twix are definitely my favorite candy bar so I was excited when I saw they started coming out with Twix eggs! There's also Snickers, too but I definitely like Twix better. But I also wouldn't say no to a Snickers egg either...
I love a good old fashioned Reese's egg but I have to say the Twix are my new favorite!

2. Chocolate Chip Banana Greek Yogurt Muffins

This was another suggest pin from Pinterest, and it did not disappoint! Let's be honest, do Pinterest recipes ever do? So far I don't think so! My one friend at work had her birthday on Tuesday and we take birthdays very seriously at my office. It's more like a time to all get together and chat while eating yummy food haha! With that being said, we always make sure to celebrate everyone's birthday. Anyway, everyone was pretty much sugar-ed out from overindulging in Easter candy all weekend, so I offered to make these muffins while I had the day off on Monday. They're healthy, easy to make, and not overly sweet. Everyone was on board, and loved them! You can find the recipe here at Running With Spoons. I'll definitely be making these again!

3. Burt's Bees Vanilla Chapstick

I am a chapstick fiend. I literally have probably 12-15 active chapsticks in my life. I keep them EVERYWHERE so that I always have one around! My friends think I'm ridiculous but then funnily enough they never tease me when they're the one who needs chapstick and I have some handy! When I say everywhere I mean everywhere. There's one on my dresser, nightstand drawer, most of my jacket pockets, one at my desk at work, desk at home, wristlet, there's like 5 in my work bag, one in my car, the table by the door where I keep my keys, etc. You get the idea, I'm crazy haha! Burt's Bees is definitely my favorite brand and I have nearly every flavor of it. Original is my go-to but recently I've fallen in love with the vanilla one! If I'm not chewing gum (I don't like the mix of mint and vanilla) I'll usually use the vanilla one. Yes, there are certain ones that I use depending on if I have gum or if I'll be eating. Sounds weird but I don't like how the flavors can mix. You can think I'm ridiculous, too but I am not embarrassed in the slightest. 

4. Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt

In my Easter weekend recap, this is the place we went on Good Friday. Something cool that Amanda told me is that the name F.R.O.G. means Fully Rely On God. The first time I went there, I didn't even notice that they were playing Christian music in the store. Hearing Christian music is just so normal to me because that's what I listen to most, and at home we keep both our downstairs and upstairs radio on constantly during the day playing K-Love. I was there getting my yogurt humming along to a song, and then was like "wait a second, this is Matthew West". I mentioned it to Amanda and she said that the owners were Christian, and usually only play Christian music. I just thought that it's cool how they're being quiet examples. They run an honest business, play encouraging music, and the atmosphere is very cheerful and welcoming. Plus, the hot fudge station! Just kidding, I'd give them my business anyway but that's just a huge bonus. Even though it's farther from my house than the other frozen yogurt place, it's worth the drive to me! 


I'd also like to wish a very Happy Birthday to this crazy girl! 


Amanda turns 25 today! Even though I tease her, know exactly which buttons to press, and often use sarcasm to confuse her, I love her to death. God certainly blessed me with the best sister I could ask for! We have our ups and downs, fights or times we can't breathe from laughing, but at the end of the day we have each other's back. I can tell her exactly what I think or feel, and totally be my weird crazy self with zero fear of judgment. She means the world to me and I don't know what I'd do without her! So today, I'm celebrating her and just how much it means to have her in my life <3

Which means I'm going to include a bunch of adorable sister-y pictures :)


"Hats off to Jesus" 
I had to include this story because I couldn't stop laughing! We were taking Easter pictures and Amanda was trying to fix her hair from the wind. I told her she looked like she was saluting and her response and I quote "Hats off to Jesus!" and I burst out laughing because I thought it was the funniest thing! She was so proud of herself because she judges how funny a joke is based off how hard I laugh haha! Apparently I'm the best judge of humor in our family? 




I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and tell your loved ones just how much they mean to you! It really can make a world of difference to them :) 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Amanda!! I saw the cake you made and holy cow it was so cute!! I hope you guys have a great time celebrating!!
    P.S. I love Running With Spoons!

    ReplyDelete