Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pan-Roasted Kale Sprouts

I love brussel sprouts and I love kale so I should love these right? Right! I found them on my last Trader Joe's run, and picked them up since I know Amanda loves kale too. I have no idea if they're new but I've never seen them before so I was pretty excited. I love finding new things to try at Trader Joe's. I mean, I just love Trader Joe's in general! 


I didn't do anything fancy with the sprouts, just put them in a medium-sized sauce pan and drizzled them with some sunflower seed oil, sea salt, and pepper. That's it! 



I cooked them on medium-high heat until the outsides were browning and getting crispy. Then, to make sure they would fully cook, I covered them and turned the heat down a bit to medium. I let them steam for a couple more minutes until the inside layers of the sprouts looked cooked through. 


That's all it took! Less than 10 minutes for a tasty side dish. 

When I pan-roast brussel sprouts (or any vegetable really) I like to have the outsides really browned and crispy so if these look too dark to you then you can definitely brown them a little less than I did. That's just my personal preference!


I topped my salad off with the kale sprouts and grilled chicken. The sprouts were the perfect addition! I'm thinking the next time I get kale sprouts, I'm going to bake them in the oven like I do to make kale chips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment